What size master cylinder bore

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AMechEng

Reaction score
I'm thinking of changing both master cylinders on the handle bars to some newer Nissin units. I rebuilt the stock Vmax ones and one is leaking and I don't like how the powder coating came out. For the clutch MC, I assume I should stay with the bore size that the stock MC has.
I have 6 piston Hayabusa calipers on the front so I am thinking I should go with what ever size bore the Hayabusa MC has. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks

Gen 1 busa and the vmax have the same size front brake master cylinder. 5/8"

As far as the clutch goes, stock vmax is 5/8". Some guys like to use a 14mm master. It makes the lever easier to pull in, if you have a DD clutch. I have zx-14 master (radial) for the clutch. I've tried a few different master and like the way it works over all of them.

I just did this to my Max a few weeks ago. I purchases a set of Kawasaki ZX1400R master cylinders they are 7/8" And I am using R1/FJR 1300 calipers. I prefer a firm lever and I really like this set up. I do have a few photos of the setup on my profile.

Thanks for the replies. I ordered two new Nissin master cylinders both in 5/8 bore size. They where relatively cheap compared to most other units.

Back