whats it worth?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im open to offers if anyone here is interested, but i wont be giving it away lol if it doesnt sell ill just keep riding it

my honest opinion is to keep it. you wont find a equal one for the price you'd end up selling that one for.

i know...but im not looking for an equal max...ide really like to get something that handles better...i can get an r1 and be faster in a straight line, better cornering, better gas mileage, better brakes....better everything...the max isnt particularly comfortable, it has bad mpg for a bike, it doesnt stop too well, it takes corners like a brick...its a fun bike dont get me wrong, but i ride with people on sport bikes, and its just not fun to have to constantly push myself to the bikes limits, just to keep up with an "average" paced group of sport bikes

if i could keep it and just get a second bike, i would in a heartbeat!! i love riding this thing...but im pretty sure i would be single if i had two bikes :( lol

if i could keep it and just get a second bike, i would in a heartbeat!! i love riding this thing...but im pretty sure i would be single if i had two bikes :( lol

You can get around that by asking how many _______ , she has .

Shoes , dresses , pocketbooks, animals , antiques , dildoes ,
oops my bad....... errr...... you get my point.

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Comparing prices ? You never disclose the price of your toys. Honey , my friend needs a place to store his ______ for a week or two , Honey , look what ________ gave me , Honey , I'm going to work on _______ to see if I can get it running , Honey , look what I found at the Goodwill store ............

:rofl_200:

its hard to hide when you have as many toys as i go through in a year :( lol

in the past year ive had:

1 dirt bike
1 quad
3 trucks
2 cars
my drag car
vmax

and almost landed a badass gixxer 750 - but she found out and veto'd me lol....she was really pissed when i showed up with my powerstroke ..."oh btw...i ditched you the other day and spent 9 grand on this truck...SURPRISE"

she'd flip if she knew i owed money on my truck haha, she thinks i got it a lot cheaper than i did

i got a hit on the bike at 3200...it would be good to sell it and get my truck paid off and be completely out of debt....but it will suck going the rest of the season and all next season without a bike....if it sells ill have mixed feelings on it....guess we will see - if it sells i sure will miss the ol max...its been in my family since it was brand new - it was my dads bike and he passed away and left it to me...we just had different taste in bikes i suppose....but im still in college, and i need to stop living above my means - it sucks being in debt, i think ill wait until i can pay cash for my next bike

deal fell through.....incase anyone in this thread was interested, $2500 takes it - ide be willing to deliver up to 200 miles one way ($100 extra for my gas costs in my truck if i have to deliver)

for 2500 i have a couple guys that might be interested... LOL

sorry its rough right now, 2500 is all the offers im getting for mine. and i simply wont take it. dude if i had the money and could get vmaxes for 2500 bucks id have around 10

p.s. if ur gonna sell it for 2500 at least let it swap some parts with you!!

i got the bike for free from my dads estate, and with this economy being how it is, im not gonna get greedy....2500 is my bottom dollar though, ill keep it before i sell it for less than that

I'd do the same thing if I were you..

It is definitely a buyers market, which is great for me, since I am looking for a max. The rebuilt title doesn't bother me, but it does bother my state (NY).

If they see an out of state "rebuilt" title, they will not title it in NYS without a re-inspection, at a cost of $200.00. And from what I have heard, you have to provide documentation and receipts of the rebuild process. The entire process takes months, and the state won't work with you, which is why I can't take the chance.

I'd do the same thing if I were you..

It is definitely a buyers market, which is great for me, since I am looking for a max. The rebuilt title doesn't bother me, but it does bother my state (NY).

If they see an out of state "rebuilt" title, they will not title it in NYS without a re-inspection, at a cost of $200.00. And from what I have heard, you have to provide documentation and receipts of the rebuild process. The entire process takes months, and the state won't work with you, which is why I can't take the chance.

If you explain to them that it was previously repaired and inspected, they will not expect receipts. I know this because I had to do it when I had it inspected. My dad repaired it in 1997 and rode it until he passed away, uninspected. I personally had it inspected last year and explained the situation and they had no problem not seeing receipts. It is a numbers matching bike, and would have no problem being registered. The only thing the bike would need to have done to pass inspection, is the control boxes on the handlebars would need adjusted upwards so you could put the stock mirrors back on it - which i do have. or just order a cheap set of bar ends. The bike doesnt have mirrors on it at the moment.

The inspection process can take months, only because the inspection waiting list can get quite long. I scheduled my inspection and it took 6 weeks before they could get me in. If you didnt mind waiting on your inspection date, its no problem.

As for the $200 - sorry, cant help ya there. It's only like $50 here if i remember right.

Best I could do for ya, is to put the price as $500 instead of $2500 on title, you could make up that inspection money in sales tax savings.

Latest posts

Back