whats it worth?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just missed out on a very good deal for a glock 19 actually lol

thoughts on glocks? ive seen the 19/23/26/30 all being mentioned as good CC guns...thoughts?

im still really liking the xd subcompact

reading reviews im really starting to like the glock 30... and at $550, i could get a nice holster and pay for my ccw class and still come out around $700 which isnt bad at all

A Glock is way below in price for the balance of the trade. I like Sig Sauer. Carried it on duty, and carried outside of work. Try a model 220 or even a 226/P6. Tons of holsters available. Not too small, not too bulky, reliable as any and dang accurate. Many have night sights already. Best idea is go to the gun shop with a range and shoot those you might consider buying.

best advice i can give you is to go shoot them before you spend your cash. what one person likes another may not. that is why there are several different styles of hand guns

i know a guy who runs a large gun store...he was suggesting an HK

there seems to be a lot of choices...i guess i may just have to wait and take cash only on the bike till im 21 and can buy a gun from a dealer so i can test how they all seem to fit

those sig sauers are a bit above my price range...msrp is 1050 on them, i am looking to only spend 500-700 IF i can get something that will be reliable

the 220 looks nice, so does the HK 45 compact

both are above my price range unless i took either as partial trade on the bike lol

In my opinion......

It is hard to go wrong with a used Glock in good shape......

Parts availability and gunsmith knowledge are very high......

Reliability is excellent...... maintenance is easy......

Mods are legion.....

If you want a semi-auto get a Glock......

If you want a revolver get a Smith and Wesson.....

Are there newer, better, cheaper on the market......sure....

But you can't go wrong buying those two brands used in good shape:punk:

if were talking reliability id throw the rugers in there for revolvers as well. ( the sp101 and gp100 anyway) however they arent as carry friendly and weigh a ton.

i owned a 38 special revolver, smith and wesson and it was a nice gun

i also had a 9mm walther, i forget the model exactly though...it was an ok gun but jammed up a few times during casual shooting so i didnt like it

im really thinking about checking out the glock 30s and maybe looking at a 1911 style

Both my wife and I carry S&W 38's--- hidden hammer and laser sighted. I use a " Crossbreed" iwb and the combo of that holster and pistol is very comfortable. No poking or prodding and a great hide as your can actuall tuck your shirt in and still nothing shows. check out:

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

The laser sights are almost automatic and are in the grips--- nothing gets in the way. " Crimson Trace" if yhour interested. I just took my CCW class and this rig was the talk of the class.

^ i had a S&W 38 and it just wasnt for me, although they are nice guns

whats the major differences between .45 and 10mm? namely, the glock 29 and the glock 30?

is there a major difference in price per round ? is one much more effective than the other?

start a 4,000. let the new owner beat you up a lil.
sell for 34 to 38 then the buyer will feel that got a good deal.
and you can smile all the way to the bank.

i sold a 85 with a venture motor in it for 28 . just this spring.
and it didn't even run for a test ride. i started at 32.

i would start at 4k but its rebuilt title...theres clean title ones a couple years newer in my area for 4k on CL right now unfortunately

to me, any vmax that rides well has got to be worth 3000 minimum. rebuilt or not. ive seen some rebuilt that rode better than factory so i can sometimes look passed the salvaged title depending on the situation

Rebuilt/salvage titles tend to scare away most buyers, even though insurance companies total out vehicles today with light/minimal damage. People think salvage title means it was totally creamed, and obviously looking at how nice your max is, this was not the case. Put it on Craigslist and see what you can get!

i listed it at 3200 ill see what happens...im not desperate to sell, and if it sells i wont be buying my R1 until atleast the winter after this one because ide like to finish school first...so if it sells ill be without a bike....so im not really pushed to sell it lol but if it sells then it sells

also, locals have talked me into a Springfield XD40SC with pinky extension and lasermax internal laser

thoughts?

i listed it at 3200 ill see what happens...im not desperate to sell, and if it sells i wont be buying my R1 until atleast the winter after this one because ide like to finish school first...so if it sells ill be without a bike....so im not really pushed to sell it lol but if it sells then it sells

also, locals have talked me into a Springfield XD40SC with pinky extension and lasermax internal laser

thoughts?

There is a very nice '98 for 3500 on the buy / sell here with RC wheels, kerker 4-1 , stage 7 etc........ it's a buyers market !!

Back