what's this bike worth??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow, that '86 bike is very nice! even though there is quite a bit of money put into it, still a bit high for the year of bike? i'm hoping for a flood of max's to be up for sale once the new one has hit the streets. for now, it seems they are a bit scarce.

i feel like the '03 isn't a bad deal....

I agree. Buying bikes is just like buying cars or trucks. The condition and miles count for way more than the year.

I'd much rather have that '86 than an '01 or '02 all beat to shit.That's my opinion anyhow.

I think there are two sides to this:

- on one hand I'd rather get an older/lower mileage bike that has been decently maintained and serviced regularly

- OTOH I prefer a newer bike bike with more miles but hopefully less (age-related) wear overall.

That of course - for similar money.

I think the biggest problem is the 'beautiful old bike with really low miles' syndrome, where you can get a near-mint looking '85 with less than 5000 miles for example, but it's been sitting most of its life and just about every perishable item needs renewed :bang head:

I think the biggest problem is the 'beautiful old bike with really low miles' syndrome, where you can get a near-mint looking '85 with less than 5000 miles for example, but it's been sitting most of its life and just about every perishable item needs renewed :bang head:

that was my question when getting my new to me '03. it had less miles but no guaranttee it hadn't been beat on. my '94 was gonna start needing the 15k-20k mile checkups. rubber here, gasket here, etc...

its a crap shoot no matter how u look at it. too band hindsight is 20/20 and foresight isn't eh?

Back