what's this bike worth??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5500 is high for a 99 model but wait...

The bike looks very clean and well cared for.. It has a lot of high dollar extras on it.. 12K miles is low and its a 99 one of the better yrs for the VMAX.. Its a bad time to sell a motorcycle,.. But 5500.00 it will get sold I promise you that...

All in all 5500.00 a great deal
4750.00-5000.00 cash would be a steal

I emailed this ebay seller and asked him if the bike had been painted. He said no that black was the stock factory color.

I don't think he's right on that cause, as far as I know, the '99 v max was a dark carbon fiber paint scheme.

Not necessarily a deal breaker but either he has bad info or he's lying.

$5500 does seem a little high, but as Lankee said there are a lot of "extras" on the bike. If it has all the things you want on it, like the back rest, fly screen, Kerker, and the other bling, I would buy it. I would try to get his e-mail address and see if he will take $5000 cash outside of eBay (it would save both of you $$)

Good Luck!

Jeff

Your so damn lazy!! This guy doesnt want a bluebook value Slacker he is asking the VMAX pros here for some insight....

I almost fell off the chair when I got to the part smooth as silk and handles great WTF:ummm:

Work smarter, not harder. NADA give a good baseline.

Lazy?! At least I check my floats...hehe.

I troll Ebay V Max religiously for about two years now. This bike has some thoughtful and useful upgrades I might say and looks to be in great cosmetic shape. Obviously a caring owner. Not much in the performance mods other than the Kerker though. Definitely a ride without worry bike for many more miles. Price? ehhhh.... it is high for the "buy it now". I have seen a ton more bikes newer with less miles and similar add ons for more than 1k less. VMOA had a low mileage 2006 for 6k a few months ago. I did not have the $ for and it was a steal. I personally picked up an 85 last week that is easily worth 3k for 800 bucks so the deals are out there. As far as this bike is concerned, I think it is a safe buy but is no deal. For the year and options, I would be looking closer at low 4k and no more than mid 4s.

i was thinking wtf myself about the lame wording of the add!! so is it true that '99's only had the carbon fiber paint scheme, or was black an option? i was thinking 5k would be a decent deal. i have always been a fan of the 4 into 1 exhaust. as far as the backrest and the silly side maxx badges, well.....

thanks for your input, including the nada listing :scooter 1:

The 98 was black and the 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 were the fake CF. Since the side covers are painted, he probably repainted the bike.

i'd say $5k cash would be a good deal. take it for a ride before u 100% commit if u can eh?

I was wondering that M-C but didn't the '98 have black wheels? :ummm:

I emailed the guy and he told me it was stock paint. Not for a '99 it ain't!!

The black 96 and silver 97 had the black exhaust and wheels. The black 98 had the chrome exhaust. Don't remember if it had the black wheels also. No way that is a 99 and stock paint unless it is a Canadian / import bike. They may have had different paint.

Didn't notice, but did the ad say "One owner bike"? If not he may have bought it that way and made the assumption that it was factory paint. Of course I may be wrong too, like I said I didn't notice what the ad said specifically. My question is, is the paint job a deal breaker?

Didn't notice, but did the ad say "One owner bike"? If not he may have bought it that way and made the assumption that it was factory paint. Of course I may be wrong too, like I said I didn't notice what the ad said specifically. My question is, is the paint job a deal breaker?

Here's what the guy told me when I asked him about the paint:

No, Original Color according to the second owner.

:ummm:

It still looks like a nice bike tho.

The black 96 and silver 97 had the black exhaust and wheels. The black 98 had the chrome exhaust. Don't remember if it had the black wheels also. No way that is a 99 and stock paint unless it is a Canadian / import bike. They may have had different paint.

Can't be a Canadian. Speedo has MPH and KPH on it.
Our 89 only has KPH.

where on the forum can i see this bike?

Which bike, the 86 or the 99?
I've attached pictures of the 99 from the Ebay ad.

Attachments

• 99v1.JPG
    99v1.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 99v2.JPG
    99v2.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 9
i think he's asking about the Boxenstop...

Back