When will first magazine covers appear?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridin Dirty

Reaction score
And what will the headlines say.

I'm thinking the headlines will say something like "Holy crap!"

I can't wait to get the first reviews.

You can bet that the mag covers that feature the new Max will be the ones that have the big buck, full color, full page Yammi ads for the bike in them. Considering how much $$ these ads bring in for the publications dare they say anything negative about Max ?

its a good question....in situations like this, with the launch basically in june, the magazines have already received bikes to test or at least been invited to test with the manufacturer present, within the same month.

It will be on the cover of every major mag next month for sure...except "Extreme Scooter and vespas"

the general headlines will be "the legend returns" "return of Godzilla" "Max Attacks" etc etc etc.... the stories will start out discussion the legend of the old max...then describe all the improvements of the new bike....then either conclude with "we will just have to wait till we get out turn on one" or an actual test where the conclusion will be... "a much better bike than before with all the modern touches....most advances cruiser...most powerful...etc" The talk about price will indicate its in the same league as the HD and other limited addition bikes and cars now and that you cant actually buy a 200hp bike (Augusta, ducati or what else?) for so little money...

I suspect one mag or maybe 3 will get the Yamaha drag test invitation test....where we will hear it can do a low 9 second quarter with bars and a slick and some electronic chip swapping or lap top twiddling....

In my fantasy, Yamaha also rolls out a full race spec version for ama cruiser class and goes on to annihilate the quarter mile with times that would blow away almost any street class....with the Stig doing the riding.... ha....

I think people are highly confused if they think this bike is in the same class as a Harley investment wise.
In couple of years this New bike will depreciate like crazy as opposed to a Harley,their following is 10 million times larger then a Vmax will ever be and it will always be that way,its comparing a whole line of bikes against one model $20.000 incredibly stupid by Yamaha!! If it was priced at $14.000 they would have had everyone!

I'd think we'll see a review sooner than later. At the Ride For Sight, Yamaha was there with a load of bikes for demo rides so I went over and asked if they had an 09 VMax available for a demo ride!:rofl_200: Any ways they said NO... obviously... but they added they weren't getting "theirs" until July! That seems a lot sooner than the November delivery date I've been hearing.

I found this article going through some vmaxchat forum. Thought you might find interesting;

1BikeVMaxp2003.jpg

2BikeVMaxp2001.jpg

3BikeVmax.jpg

4BikeVMaxp2002.jpg

I think people are highly confused if they think this bike is in the same class as a Harley investment wise.
In couple of years this New bike will depreciate like crazy as opposed to a Harley,their following is 10 million times larger then a Vmax will ever be and it will always be that way,its comparing a whole line of bikes against one model $20.000 incredibly stupid by Yamaha!! If it was priced at $14.000 they would have had everyone!

They are pracitically giving Harleys away in Houston...The days of selling for more than MSRP or even for MSRP are over down here.........The fad is passing.....The used market is incredibly flooded right now......The trend humping fashion lemmings are moving on to the next big thing......

I would never consider any motorized vehicle an investment tho'...Sure...a 1969 Camaro Z28 (or most other investment "vehicles") in pristine condition is worth loads of money...but not as much money as the same $$$$ as the original purchase price in 1969 invested in even a conservative bond fund would be worth after sittting in that fund for 39 years.

It always puzzles me sometimes. People always say "it's worth a lot of money", for some antique or collectors item. But yet they usually can't sell it for the price they say it's worth.
Which is why I always say... It's only worth what you can get someone to fork over the cash for it.

With investments hind site is 20/20. Take an original 70 Hemicuda I had 8 years ago I sold to Ultimate rides in Texas[they make the Cuda's for Nash bridge] for $45.000 they sold it to a guy in Minnesota for $60.000 a month later then he sold it a year later for 110.000, stupid me right!

With investments hind site is 20/20. Take an original 70 Hemicuda I had 8 years ago I sold to Ultimate rides in Texas[they make the Cuda's for Nash bridge] for $45.000 they sold it to a guy in Minnesota for $60.000 a month later then he sold it a year later for 110.000, stupid me right!

hemi cudas are not harleys...... i dont see a single harley anywhere that "holds its value" better than anyother bike....

Classic items are always different but your run of the mill 20000 HD in canada is the same value situation and depreciates the same way....
they make way too many harleys for them to hold their value in any extraordinary way.....

I found this article going through some vmaxchat forum. Thought you might find interesting;

2BikeVMaxp2001.jpg
holy fuck...did anyone read this?..... it makes 240hp in the lower gears but is limited to 197 in top gear, via the computer?!.......

good point....:70% more capacity than an R1 but only 8 more hp? obviously room for tuning up to more power....

first i must comment on the fraud that harleys hold their value.i bought a 07 road king classic 1700 mike perfect,for 15000,at a dealer! this cost 18500 a year ago,+tax.thats 3500 loss in 1 year.and then my friend has a 04 classic,w/ tons of options,and he cant get 13000 for it.that folks is a terrible investment!!!!he paid 18000,4 yrs ago.thats 5grand in 4 yrs,PLUS the loss in extras,which is a huge scam anyways.now thats the truth on the stupid myth on harley investments.only harley owners are brag about the investment crap,now... the 98 v,max i have will bring 5500 now,and what did that cost 10 yrs ago! not a bad investment for a jap bike,ha ha!...now where,when and how much for the new max? does anyone really know! stupid cash burnin' a hole.lol.

There was a time when you could make money on a Harley but that time is long gone. In 1989 my friend bought a used 87 FXR for $5900. He sold it in 91 for $8500 in one day. Could have sold several. I bought a 1991 Sturgis new in the fall of 1990 for $12,300 out the door. Sold it in 1998 to a Harley dealer (Austin, TX) for $14,500. They drove to Dallas area with a trailer to pick it up. Had it for 8 years and made a profit. However, they resold for a profit also. It was a limited production model though. Made 1600 with 1200 sold in the US and 400 exported.

I mentioned my Hemicuda, the IRONIC part about that cars value going through the roof is a lot of investors from Japan were buying up a lot of the Hemi cars a few years back mostly Hemicuda's, most of them are in Japan now!

I think my biggest gripe with the New Max is the marketing BS Star is pulling just like Chrysler with the New Challenger anyone to follow or resemble Chrysler's marketing BS are just a bunch of scammers.

I have a 2000 Chrysler 300m it is the worst car Ive ever owned bar none and Ive had over 80-100 cars, dealing with Chrysler or Star is the same,the worst customer service experience of your life!!! lol

(it makes 240hp in the lower gears but is limited to 197 in top gear, via the computer?!.......)

I guess im the only ones who is interested in this news? ....boys boys.... what the hey!..... this could make quite a bit of difference in the bikes launch...figuratively and actually....

i here you rj, that is a very interesting bit of info. i guess everyone else is to busy worrying about resale value of lawnmowers!! lol:rofl_200: i am wating for more info and a real test in a magazine:eusa_dance:

(it makes 240hp in the lower gears but is limited to 197 in top gear, via the computer?!.......)

I guess I'm the only ones who is interested in this news? ....boys boys.... what the hey!..... this could make quite a bit of difference in the bikes launch...figuratively and actually....
That comment doesn't make sense I'm sure 197hp would give it a lot higher top speed than 220k's. No its not hp that's limiting the speed, besides when has a manufacturer ever given full power in the lower gears and only restricted the power in top gear,just a ridiculous comment and I cant see why the mag even printed it

That comment doesn't make sense I'm sure 197hp would give it a lot higher top speed than 220k's. No its not hp that's limiting the speed, besides when has a manufacturer ever given full power in the lower gears and only restricted the power in top gear,just a ridiculous comment and I cant see why the mag even printed it

yes it may be a hoax....
But your line of reasoning baffles me...no one has don't it so...what? its ridiculous on the merit of not having been done before?

lets see...there is a HORSEPOWER limiting switch on the new gixxer 1000, the busa and even the benelli's so limiting horsepower is a know quantity.

I would suppose that if you wanted to cut top speed its easy with a speed limiter but what if you wanted to keep acceleration at a maximum? how would you do it? you cant use a rev limiter unless it only kicks in during top gear...but if you have throttle by wire you can write all sorts of algorithms to limit POWER in any part of the rev or speed range..

Its plausible...especially as we know the bike already had a funky top speed limiter that changes when the computer feels all the inputs of a quarter mile run have been met.

Back