where to buy stock dunlop

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old thread, but still a good question. Where's the best place to get the stock Dunlop K525 RWL Qualifiers? The cheapest rear I'm found so far is RonAyers, $149 + shipping. I'm in the market for a set, front and rear!

I just quickly checked my usual sources and that's the cheapest I saw.

-garrett

The Dunlop OEM tires look good but are Sh!t for riding on unless you never plan on taking a curve over about 30 mph.
I swapped mine out after about the 3rd time I took a curve and the rear tire slipped out from under me.
I also hit that "Lip/Edge" on the rear tire once and my rear end was Skipping across the road at about 50 mph, not that was scary !

There are a LOT better tires for our bikes out there, I'd recommend you use something other than those Stock Dunlops.
For more options, check out the Stock Vmax tire Spread sheet here:
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showpost.php?p=281550&postcount=1

The Dunlop OEM tires look good but are Sh!t for riding on unless you never plan on taking a curve over about 30 mph.
I swapped mine out after about the 3rd time I took a curve and the rear tire slipped out from under me.
I also hit that "Lip/Edge" on the rear tire once and my rear end was Skipping across the road at about 50 mph, not that was scary !

There are a LOT better tires for our bikes out there, I'd recommend you use something other than those Stock Dunlops.
For more options, check out the Stock Vmax tire Spread sheet here:
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showpost.php?p=281550&postcount=1

I have ridden with stock Dunlops, Metzelers, Avons, and even Shinkos and haven't felt a NOTICABLE difference in any of them. I don't do any canyon carving either, and I will be selling this bike in the spring anyway. There is not a better LOOKING tire for a VMAX, and that's all I'm really concerned about, but thanks for your opinion.

Back