Which jet kit to buy??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDKyle

Reaction score
I am considering a Jet kit for my bike and was curious as to who makes the best kit?? Also, do I HAVE to change my exhausts and what stage kit should I get. I just want an increase in power, not something radical.......Thanks:ummm:

That all depends on what you have for pipes. If stock... leave it that way until you get some pipes. If you choose slipons? Just adjust the AF screws and sync the carbs.

If you go to a aftermarket 4-2 or 4-2-1, then Sean Morley's is the shit.

If you have stock exhaust no carb kit. Wait to do that when/if you decide to get a full exhaust system. Stock is best for stock exhaust but there are a couple of things to maximize. Set floats to 17 mm, tune main jets based on your altitude, set mixture screws (factory settings isn't best), and sync your carbs.

Good luck!

As stated from others, you only benifit from a carb jet kit when an aftermarket full exhaust system is installed.
After you install the full exhaust system run the bike of you dont have any carb issues leave it stock. If you have stumbles, bogs etc. than look into a jet kit.

There are quite a few exhaust systems to choose from, it all depends on what you want for looks, sound, and performance. I don't think you will be getting any "radical" performance increases with a jet kit and exhaust, but you could get a 10 - 15 hp increase depending where your bike is now and what you get. I have a Kerker 4-2-1 and I have the stock baffle and the comp baffle and like to have the choice of loudness. Some people don't like the single exhaust look, and choose a 4-2-2. I think there might be a few extra ponies from the 4-2-1, but you probably won't ever notice it, so if you like the looks of the 4-2-2, then I would go that route. As posted earlier, slip-ons won't get you much of anything and a jet kit probably won't help you out much. If you do get a full exhaust system, talk to Sean Morley about a jet kit. I have his Muscle Kit on my bike and love it. I put on the Kerker exhaust and dynoed around 112hp then put on his kit and gained 8hp. My mpg also went from averaging around 33mpg to 40mpg. Some of that may be due to the stock bikes being set up somewhat rich.

I have heard that a Stage 1 jet kit is worthless, and I wish I heard that before I purchased one. I never installed it and, so I haven't had any experience with it myself and can't say what to expect from it. I will sell it if anyone wants to try it, but I was also looking on eBay, and found a pretty good deal on one....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NIB-...009QQitemZ190244506775QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I think the best thing about the dyno jet kits is that they have an adjustable needle, but you can always shim stock needles, so it really isn't a big deal. Talk to Sean, I think his kit is the best bang for the buck, and he will be around to help answer questions.

Talk to Sean, I think his kit is the best bang for the buck, and he will be around to help answer questions.

Yep, Sean (one2dmax) has proven to be more than willing to help out here on the forums with any problem you might have with it. Can't get that kind of vendor support from anyone else I'm aware of.

1. Get a full exhaust, (Marks exhaust)

2. Morley Muscle jet kit.

If not doing full exhaust, stock carbs are best.

Latest posts

Back