White or black rims?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DigitalArts

Reaction score
Pics of the bike and rims, should be 4 images total:

https://imgur.com/98AAkia,1DkAFkO,reJkGSR,R83PAks

So basically, I'm putting these radials on and I have them plastidipped white with one can per rim. Plastidip basically is a durable rubber coating but if I want to remove it all I have to do is scrape some up and it all peels off.

Should I leave them white or remove it and paint the rear wheel black to match the front's powdercoating?

White wheels & a white set of tins can look sharp, however they need constant cleaning to stay pretty. My 1987 FZR1000 has (stock) predominantly white bodywork and red wheels, which I always thought was a good combo.

I had a BMW R100RT I bought w/7K mi. & it had white bodywork. I had it repainted in a white pearl, it looked great in the bright FL sun. A side benefit I found was that when I was on the interstate in south FL, I-95, when I got behind people, they would often move over to the right. I finally realized the large rectangular windshield, w/the hard BMW saddlebags and the white bodywork, looked like a police dept. bike! Especially in your rear-view mirror.

Live w/the plastidip for awhile and then if you don't like it, remove it.

It's a personal thing...It's your bike...personally, I'm a fan of a little contrast...hence my PC'd white calipers...make it yours bro!!

I had white rims on my GSXR...pain in the ass to keep em clean n lookin sharp but it was well worth it!

Seeing this makes me want to plasti-dip my tins white.... and my rims black. white rims will be too dirty too fast, and I hate cleaning stuff.

Latest posts

Back