Wide Rear Tire

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingcastle

Reaction score
Hey was wondering how to tell if you have a wide tire kit, I have a 190 rear tire, I dont know what it has to have to be considered the kit or the rim size is different, or if the arm is notched, anyone have a pic of a notched swing arm and a stock one, or can that tire just fit fine in the rear thanks!

Or post up what you have since there are far to many possibilities. I would not say you have a "wide tire kit" from the thinking of most people. That's typically for 240-330 wide tires and they are very expensive normally.

Sean

you have what looks like a max daddy or a kosman wheel, would need better pics. if there is a bead of weld then probably kosman otherwise max daddy (ufo). some 190 tires will fit without a notch but most need it. I would say your arm is probably notched for it, especially if it doesn't look overly offset.

Ill post some pics when I get bike back, its also for sale, if you look under the parts section in forum

It's an older UFO 4-2 (no longer made). Swingarm is difficult to tell if it's been notched but I did not see any bracework on it so likely there isn't any notching. It's either a Max Daddy or the RC Comp version (both are about the same).

Sean

the notch on that arm looks deeper than stock to me but its so tough to tell as sean said. def not a kosman either.

The RC Comp wheel has a hub thickness of about 3/4" and is heavy. The Max Daddy was heavy too and I can't remember what the hub thickness they had. The notch did look a little deeper but it's not easy to tell. If it's flat and smooth from the top to bottom (the notched area) then it's for sure notched out. The stock has a ribbed look that keeps structural strength and looks almost like it was stamped around a drive shaft. We cut and shift the OEM plate vs installing a simple flat plate as others do.

Sean

I'm thinking it's notched.

If you look toward the front, it will "step" down one more time before curving back up. If it was not notched it wouldn't step and it wouldn't curve back up, it would have more abrupt edges. There is a guy up here who is running and unbraced, notched swingarm It was the first time I've seen one that wasn't braced but still notched. I would figure that the two would go hand in hand.

kingsnotch.jpg

Here is mine, its notched on both sides for a 200 tire.

p1020397z.jpg

Last edited:
Back