Wind ,blowing Bike

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi , I CAN TRY TO POST tommorrow.
or
i can send them to someone and they can post them.
i don't know how.
i had a 5mp camra , i'm not to good with it, so i gave it to my daughter.
i take the pictures the old way, and
go to have them devoloped.
and
have them make a cd to.
i 'll try, tommorrow i will pick up the latest picture's.
next week the bike goes back to the dealer for them to install my led light kit, and
headlight visor.
i am ordering several other thing's, i found.
vmax license plate bolts
freeze out plug covers they are going to say MAD MAX
and
the cooling switch, to be on the safe side.
and
ss radiator side covers
AND
BIKE WILL BE DONE.
TOOK ABOUT 6 TO 8MONTHS.
I THINK. LOL.......................
THANKS EVERYONE, IT HAS BEEN ENLIGHTENING EXPERIENCE.
I HAVEN'T TAKED TO THE COMPANY YET ABOUT THE WIND EXPERIENCE YET AND THE RIMS, but i will and believe me i'll let you all in on it. especially if i end up buying the new rim's.
:cheers:
russmadmax
i have yet to be let down, by any of the vmax owners. thanks :clapping:

I used to have an '85 900 Ninja and that thing was a lot easier to keep from floating around, but then again, just like others have said in previous posts, the riding stance helped out a lot on that one. I'd just lay down behind the screen and all was good. :biglaugh:

I've only had my Max for a little more than a week but I'm sure I'll get used to it soon.

Try this - drive about 50/60 mph and put pressure on the bars back and forth ( go very ez for those who have never tried this ! ) ....like your getting into a wobble. See how ez it is to do. Now in IMHO I think it is a combo affect however the wind is hitting you hard enough to cause you to put pressure on the bars. The bike is then moving and leaning as it is causing a counter steer lean. I Try holding the bars lighter. The bike doesn't seem to act the same if I'm light handed. I find myself gripping too tight all the time. Man the dam bike is all over the place and it's me who is causing it. I try hard to remember to grip less and hold more with my legs when riding. ( high speed rips )

Now add in the side wind factor, on a bike that is top heavy, has very sensitive steering, a high (cog), no windshield - on stock, no fairing, and a heavy handed rider sitting in a upright position on a 25'' seat height who is getting blasted from the wind from different directions is a cocktail for being tossed all over the road.

A bike is a bike is a bike...the Max can't be the only bike that feels a side wind enough to push ya over a few feet sideways, but I do feel its design attributes to this "push/drift/pull/steer me all over the road" effect.

Just remember the 38 special song while you are riding,Just hold on loosely,but don't let go!

If you hold too tightly, your gonna lose control!

This might sound funny but I used to play this song in my head the last year that I raced motocross.I had a 2001 ktm 250 supercross.I started having trouble with my arms pumping up half way through a moto.A couple times I could not even close the throttle.I started taking 4 aspirins to thin the blood down .This helped too.

Last edited:
Back