Won't fire

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CustomMax

Reaction score
My bike will not start it just cranks but won't fire, it only started doing this since I trailered it. I ran one of the straps over the drivers seat. Is there anything I could have damaged from doing this? I never had any problems starting it before now. Any help would be appreciated I just wanted to get one good last day of riding before the weather turns to shit. Thanks, Ed:bang head:

pull all the wires under the seat and reconnect them.

cross fingers, turn key, hit start

step 2, get back with us

My bike will not start it just cranks but won't fire, it only started doing this since I trailered it. I ran one of the straps over the drivers seat. Is there anything I could have damaged from doing this? I never had any problems starting it before now. Any help would be appreciated I just wanted to get one good last day of riding before the weather turns to shit. Thanks, Ed:bang head:

Yes You may disconnected the piuckp coil connector or coil connectors.
As noted, check that firstable.

Tried checking everything under the seat but no luck I have no power coming from the coils but I cant imagine all 4 coils going at once!! Any ideas?

Its looks like starting circut problems.

Check Your sidestand switch first.

And one more thingy, stupid tho.
Did You checked the ingnitoin fuse?

88vmx12; said:
oh she is just pissed because you won't ride her! My wife does the same thing LOL
You too?
Damn, Im not alone :rofl_200:

yes the main fuse! if all else fails jack up the radiator cap and roll a new max underneith it!

It would turn over but not fire, and it didn't seem to be getting spark but a couple times it started to fire so I just kept testing connections and with some persistence it finally fired up and is now running perfect. This bike is just sometimes as bad as a stubborn woman and just as mean. So I do get to ride her at least today while we have good weather, then it comes back in for my winter projects I have planned for it. Thanks alot everyone I appreciate all the help, Ed

Back