Wont run now after r/r hard wired

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulmartone

Reaction score
I hard wired my r/r to the pos and neg terminals. Fired up the bike and got 14.45 volts on idle. Great!!

So, I now put coils, wires, etc... back in place and bolt everything down. I'm standing there with my camera to take a picture of my new found 14 + volts (showing on my metre) to post a feel good thread, it turned over but didn't start?? I check the choke, pull it out, give a bit of throttle while starting and it did fire up, but could not get any rev's at all, no matter how much throttle, and it sounded way different, and soon as I'm off the throttle, bikes dead instantly. Frustrated now.

Any one experience starting like this, or suggestions of where to start or look for ?? Thanks alot. Paul

I hard wired my r/r to the pos and neg terminals. Fired up the bike and got 14.45 volts on idle. Great!!

So, I now put coils, wires, etc... back in place and bolt everything down. I'm standing there with my camera to take a picture of my new found 14 + volts (showing on my metre) to post a feel good thread, it turned over but didn't start?? I check the choke, pull it out, give a bit of throttle while starting and it did fire up, but could not get any rev's at all, no matter how much throttle, and it sounded way different, and soon as I'm off the throttle, bikes dead instantly. Frustrated now.

Any one experience starting like this, or suggestions of where to start or look for ?? Thanks alot. Paul

Are you sure you put the coil wires back to the right coil? It sounds like they may be reversed and not firing at the correct time.

The front coils are very easy to get mixed up. They criss cross each other to go over to the opposite side plug.

Sean

Thank you. I'll try crossing to the opposite plug. Pretty embarassing if thats the case. And By the way, I really enjoyed the COP thread. I'm sure at some point, I will get the R1 COP and wiring harness and change my plugs to DP8EA-9's. This site just has it going on!!

Did you end up having your wires crossed? Inquiring minds want to know...

Back