won't start

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like a good plan. I would also remove the battery and bring it in for load testing. Charge it first though. Check the stator and R/R too.

To heck with the PC680! If (and it's a big IF), I ever break down and buy an AGM battery I will buy it in the larger size since I can fit it in my modified battery box. It will have enough power to jump start my big block chevy that way. One muscle helping another one.

Sean Morley

:hammer bash:Ok, this is weird.... got home and decided to start my troubleshooting. Checked battery voltage, 12.6 volts at rest, decided to check under load of starting, bike turned over and fired right up, 13.8 volts @1500 rpm. Checked ground and was tight at both ends. It was kind of cold this morning ~40F so I am wondering if my battery is getting weak and is temp sensitive. Ideas?

Hey Jim, do load test, that will tell you if the battery is getting ready to die. My 900F battery did the same thing to me last year on the way up to the SportBike Ralley. Good volts but no cranking AMP's left.

PC680's are on back order here until late June. Am picking up a short term replacement and will get one in June.

The Panasonic is also a great AGM! It has more cranking power than the stocker which I imagine you need and fits great. Oh and it's A LOT cheaper.:banana:

Back