Would you like dimples with your order ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auggie_1970

Reaction score
Hey guys, went to order a set of flanders drag bars B23's and there was something about it not having dimples.

This may be a stupid ass question but for the amusment and edumacation of everyone on this forum, what the heck are dimples on a bar and do I want them..

I would imagine its the effect of bending the bar at the corners too much so it dimples the steel, some people like that some don't.

I thought they were used to locate handlebar controls/grips.

This may be a stupid ass question but for the amusment and edumacation of everyone on this forum, what the heck are dimples on a bar and do I want them..

If you want them or not, thats up to you. What they're for is to allow room for the wires to exit the control area.

Attachments

• imagesCAEVRMSG.jpg
    imagesCAEVRMSG.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 33
dimples are another name for knurling the bar.
allows grip glue to have a surface to bond to.
most (dimpled) are only dimpled on the left side. they don't do the throttle side
so the throttle tube won't get hung up.

some also dimple the clamping area. so the bars won't tend to slip.

Ya learn something new every day.[/QUOTE]
YEAH , NO SHIT ! ..:confused2: . " LOL "" LOL " , I WASN'T SURE , I REMEMBER SOME OF MY OLD DIRT BIKES HAVING LIKE , LITTLE TABS SPOT WELDED TO THE BARS THAT THE CONTROL & THROTTLE MOUNTS WOULD KIND OF SLIDE UP AGAINST AND PARTIALLY OVER , LIKE A " KEY-WAY " SO THEY COULDN'T TURN ON THE BARS ! ..... SEE YOU CAN FIND OUT ANYTHING ON THIS FORUM ! ... ITS AWESOME ! .. :punk:... I STILL THINK THAT " KJ " IS WORKING FOR THE CIA OR SOMETHING ! ... HE KNOWS TO MUCH ! ... :rofl_200:

Back