WoW!! Is this a deal or what

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, I need to start polishing my stuff before I sell it!

There have been some super pricey scoops on ebay lately. The small pics make it look crazy, though. He should have picked a better photo spot. I thought they were like titanium MotoGP exhaust that went all rainbow during some part of the process. Ti scoops would be awesome. Those are not awesome.

I bought them to go w/my expensive Li-Fe battery! Snob appeal!:rofl_200:

More
images
than
images

What is the deal with those scoops? They don't look polished and you can clearly see fine scratches over what ever finish they have.

If you do want a chrome or polished look powder coaters have new finishes that look like it and it will only cost you around $50 bucks.

Suckers-that's what he's hoping to find.

The Ti 'rainbow' finish comes from the alloy reacting to the heat of welding. This guy took a shot outside under his lounge umbrella I guess.

:rofl_200:No if u look at the picture closely he's holding a rainbow umbrella!!! Its a reflection! That shister

Talking about the titanium 'rainbow' that 'davesax36' mentioned, I made mention that the alloy reacts to heat to make the 'rainbow' appearance, not that the scoops were titanium, or that they had a rainbow finish. The umbrella is clearly visible if you look at the series of shots. My comment was about him using what looked like a patio umbrella and shooting under it for the pics.

There was a guy on the internet asking about the same price for '85 side panels, the one-year-only embossed design. I emailed him an offer of 1/3 of his $500/pair price, and he indignantly replied that there were 'really-rare,' that is was from the first-edition (the former statement is false, the latter is true) and that they were worth every penny. I didn't bother following the item to see if they eventually sold. Nor did I reply. Nor did I buy. Even a snob has monetary limitations!

Back