Wow pics

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Install a clear window in the case! Would be cool to see. Be nice to see Jedi make a complete case setup and then we could maybe make the rest of the arm kit.

Sean

Install a clear window in the case! Would be cool to see. Be nice to see Jedi make a complete case setup and then we could maybe make the rest of the arm kit.

Sean

That would be ideal, it would serve as an inspection window as well as letting you see the gears as well. How about once we know this is sound we could explore the possibilities. I'll tear it back down this winter if you want and send the whole setup to you Sean or whatever you want me to do. I'd ideally like this to be a flagship piece that could start a new product line than you and Jedi could offer and knock MadMax down a few pegs. So, yea, just let me know whatever you want. Thanks, Ed

A bulltet proof 6 speed trans would be

It would have to stay a 5 speed, maybe even a 4 speed. The teeth would probably need to be alot wider to handle more abuse. Try to find a set up out of a 08-2013 busa anc compare the width of gears>

LOL, I don't think a 6 speed is practical. You'd need drum work, shift forks, and the worst part is thinner gears. The conversion we tried in the FZR1000 didn't last long with the power we were making vs the 5 speed it had come with.

Sean

Wow, man glad you ok, seeing those pictures slowed me down some. From acting
like a jack rabbit at just about every stop light.

Although my setup is not common, the surprise of it is what caught me off guard. But this has been an ongoing issue since MadMax built it. You can rest a little easier in that stock swingarms and shafts don't run through the case like in those pics. But anythings possible! Even chain drive can break the chain and have it tangle and lock up the back wheel too. As Sean pointed out (which also reminded me) a front wheel lockup is WAY worse. But it never hurts to sometimes to keep something like this post in the back of your mind. You never know, but we're not exactly riding mopeds either. Lol, ride safe, Ed

Back