WoW Yamha needs to get on track!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my dad and uncle actually run the hoosier dirt kart alliance, they made it because every track had different rules on the clone motors and it sucked switching everything around every weekend to race a different track, the harbor freight motors are honda clones and the only thing that sucks on them that we know of is the valve springs, they get really weak after a couple races. just replace that with a more resilient spring and theyre good to go.

although, its really sad seeing tecumseh go, and poor briggs isnt doin too well. people just dont wanna spend 500 bucks for a go kart motor :( cant say that i blaim them.

1k for a used good frame, 300 for wheels and tires, 600 for a good digital lcd tach/engine recorder, 500 for a motor, 500 for clutch mods and engine mods, helmet 15 dollars to 500 dollars(lol) track fees, fuel, sprockets. brakes, extra tires, etc etc etc

you can almost race a stock car on a local dirt track for that.

Any sort of racing hobby is almost guaranteed to be expensive. And I know a person who's put far, far more than what you said into R/C truck racing. That's a rich man's hobby, at least if you plan to be competitive and actually race them. A little 2" long a-arm costs as much as one for my snowmobile. It's 2cc or whatever engine cost more than my entire first sled.

I noticed the valve springs in my clone would float once it spun up to about 6000RPM and it would fall on it's face. I didn't care and just bypassed the governor entirely...kind of surprised it didn't toss a rod. In fact it still runs perfectly. Pretty good for running it at nearly double it's rated speed for minutes at a time.

LOL i just dont have 9k laying around after the Pcw motor. So donations are welcome, we can start Jim"s Atv fund. LOL

Back