Wrong carb needles & PAJ1 jets from factory ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KosRider

Reaction score
Nope... I just realize now that I have a Califonia or "cali" bike; surprise ... surprise !!! Found an earlier post from Sean Morley explaining the differences. My 06, purchased new in Michigan, didn't have the canister attached, but it did have the capped carb port and wire hose holder on one of the carb covers. Didn't think anything of it at the time.

But today, as I was trying to fine tune the Morley jet kit that's been installed, was completly surprsed to find a Mikuni #100 PAJ1 jet installed when I was expecting to find a #90. Then I checked the stock carb needles ( the ones replaced with the adjustable needles from Sean's kit ) and sure enough, it had the Cali #5EZ50 markings on it !!

Now, I need to rethink my carb fine tuning efforts. Been trying to find a way to lean out a rich, low end condition between 2k - 3k rpms. Any suggestions welcomed !

Lesson learned .... take a look & verify what jet sizes / types you have installed first before going off making changes.
That old saying about "assuming things", sure came back to bite me good ! I'd much prefer a Mod Monkey bite to this !

Last edited:
jeff i got a cal bike all stock you said it runs good :rofl_200:they do melt [grill ] tires pretty good LOL :confused2:

Back