YAMAHA BT 1100 rear wheel

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xgunnerz

Reaction score
Hello,does anyone knows if the rear wheel of bt 1100 fit in the v max?The bt has drive shaft and the rear wheel is 17 and 5,5 inchs and takes 180 rim and make a very good swap...

My guess would be not without a LOT of work. The spline offset is completely different (the Vmax splines are more towards the inboard side of the wheel while the spline offset of the Bulldog is on the outboard side). The spline offset of the Bulldog more closely matches what was used by Yamaha on the Maxim's and Seca's.

It would not be as simple as swapping over the spline adapter either since they use two completely different cush drive systems. It may be possible to adapt over by using a custom make splined adapter though it will take some work to get done and then not sure if the offset would be correct enough to fit properly.

It has been done...
DSCF1447.jpg

but this guy went on to do this!!!
Bike005-1.jpg

Reaver Vmax
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33828

Excellent work from Pingu with machinery art a beautifull bike.I suppose the bt 1100 swap is a little bit complicated.The diversion 900 wheel is the only cheap choise i think.The fjr 1300 has also drive shaft but i think needs a lot of customizing to work to v max to.Thank all of you for your quick messages.

Back