Yellow Raptor Shift Light Bright Enough?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Remeber Me

Reaction score
I noticed Python only offered the Raptor in red with black, clear, or red covers but I was thinking yellow might go better with my bike (no red on it but has the yellow turn signals). I want a light that screams Shift! Not one that appears like you just blew your engine (red). The only thing that makes me hessitate is if the yellow will get bright enough. Anyone have a yellow and does it get bright enough to be noticed during the daytime? I'd be putting it along side the speedo and not on top.

I noticed Python only offered the Raptor in red with black, clear, or red covers but I was thinking yellow might go better with my bike (no red on it but has the yellow turn signals). I want a light that screams Shift! Not one that appears like you just blew your engine (red). The only thing that makes me hessitate is if the yellow will get bright enough. Anyone have a yellow and does it get bright enough to be noticed during the daytime? I'd be putting it along side the speedo and not on top.

Cycle one off has all the colors I believe... :thumbs up:

I have red but my bike has red all over it. :coolgleamA:

They are ALL bright as hell!:thumbs up:

I bought one with the green and it did not shine bright enough to notice it in the daylight. So i called Raptor and they said the best colors for visability are red & blue. I sent mine back to them and he switched them to red for me. Now i would imagine yellow would be worse than green. Why don't you try the blue if you don't want red?:hmmm:

I have the red one, aimed directly at the eyeball (doesn't have to be in "line of sight") there's no way you can miss it.

It's not waterproof but if you wrap tape around the setting port (I used clear packing tape) and keep the cap on it when it's raining or when washing the bike it's just fine even in the rain.

If I remember correctly their tech guy told me that yellow and red are the brightest but not sure I'm remembering correctly.

Rusty

Oh. Well if each appears clear and only flashes the color when envoked then I suppose red would work best for me. Thanks everyone!

Will one of those cheap shift lights off of ebay work on the bike and if not why..... dont they just tap off of the tach ???? and are set to light at a preset RPM ???? :hmmm:

Will one of those cheap shift lights off of ebay work on the bike and if not why..... dont they just tap off of the tach ???? and are set to light at a preset RPM ???? :hmmm:
You can buy any color that you want.Mine is red which they said was the brightest.I like mine but had water damage one time wich they repaired for free.

You can set them for any RPM that you want.

I now have a clear cover for the end and have taped up the hole with the dip switchs.So far so good.

You can buy any color that you want.Mine is red which they said was the brightest.I like mine but had water damage one time wich they repaired for free.

You can set them for any RPM that you want.

I now have a clear cover for the end and have taped up the hole with the dip switchs.So far so good.

I'm talking about one of those $20.00 no name shift lights off of ebay..... whats the theory behind the operation..... I asked a seller if it could be used on a motorcycle.... and he said no..... I would like to know why ????? :coolgleamA:

Most are 3-wire.....power, ground and sense wire hooks to the tach wire.

Mark

The raptor needs to be set on 2 cylinder to work also not 4.This is why most of the cheaper ones will not work.

Back