Yippeee!! I didn't get screwed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty McNeil

Reaction score
Didn't get screwed after all......

I mentioned a while back about ordering this tank cover from CMSNL in Netherlands, a tank cover that will be very rare I'm hoping. Ordered it mid December and settled in for a long skeptical wait, admittedly they tell you up front it's at least 6 weeks delivery.

http://images.cmsnl.com/img/products/yamaha-v-max1200-carbon-fibre-tank-cover_big733422-01_ed5d.jpg

Finally got a tracking number on the same day they charged my account, tracking shows billed shipped on Friday, already in Kentucky fom the Netherlands, maybe get it Tuesday to my house....

Now for paint...

I've pretty much decided on a dark or medium candy applle red/burgandy....

OverRacing has very good stuff but not cheap.
I'm very happy with my 2nd hand full system exhaust I got.
I guess you will be happy with that one :)

Congrats Rusty!! Always a 'tongue in cheek' thing when something's coming from overseas!

Just my opinion but a candy apple, black raspberry would be totally killer....eh? :punk:

on my doorstep today, how's that for shipping? left Netherland Friday, in Houston on monday!

It looks completely awesome, as good as the pic. I'm gonna hate painting over that beautiful carbon fiber.

It's definitely going to be a candy apple or light shade of burgandy. I wouldn't paint at all except I have to paint the new fiberglas belly pan and fender and my old sport/tail.......

One place quoted me $1400 for candy apple skin paint, gonna keep looking...or is that comepletely out of line, they told me evn plain red was more expensive than other colors. $1400's including the prep-work....

Thats not too bad if it includes the prepwork. My chopper's paint was $3k, for the tank and both fenders with $1100 going to the airbrush work. The rest was red with red metal flake and several coats of clear over the final product.

i just recieved this set of scoops in the mail saturday.
http://www.capital-sign.co.uk/VMax Aftermarket Parts.html
Altho they are already gloss black, the gel i guess, they are not perfect so gonna have my painter hit them with some gloss black and clear over that. may have him hit the front couple inches with some red like i have on my rims etc. The only downside i think is that i may have to lose the knee braces. not sure yet.
Michael

Dang that stuff looks pretty good, wish I had have known about that tank before I got raped on mine...oh well, don't tell my wife...

i just recieved this set of scoops in the mail saturday.
http://www.capital-sign.co.uk/VMax Aftermarket Parts.html
Altho they are already gloss black, the gel i guess, they are not perfect so gonna have my painter hit them with some gloss black and clear over that. may have him hit the front couple inches with some red like i have on my rims etc. The only downside i think is that i may have to lose the knee braces. not sure yet.
Michael

Sweet looking stuff Rusty & Mike!

I can't wait to see the mods in person.

BrianK
Houston

Sweet looking stuff Rusty & Mike!

I can't wait to see the mods in person.

BrianK
Houston

dropped my scoops off at the painter. Altho the scoops are gloss black, not the greatest, so gonna have painted gloss black with a bit of my red on the front couple inches or so.
I am gonna take some more stuff to the chromer in the next month or so if you have anything you want chromed.
He is local and only takes a couple days.
Michael

Back