your opinion

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the Daytona Beach Show winner from a year or two back ago. Back wheel is way offset. Lots of one off parts. Color does not do a lot for me.

It looks like it has '1 of everything!' I don't really care for all that stuff, it isn't tastefully-done, it looks more-like a "hey lookit me!" attempt. Plus, if as "Patmax" says, it has a lot of offset, it probably doesn't handle too-well.

Maybe if it had a more-subdued overall scheme, that stuff would look more-integrated. Just my opinion.

im not crazy about it really......way over done IMO....

the prettiest vmax ive ever seen is the one sean morely did for rusty. :punk:

It looks like it has some nice stuff on it but it almost has an odd look of which parts he picked to paint. But now I'm curious of what people think of how mines done. Not that I'd change it but curious. And oh yea, my 250 is dead nuts centered.

It looks like it has some nice stuff on it but it almost has an odd look of which parts he picked to paint. But now I'm curious of what people think of how mines done. Not that I'd change it but curious. And oh yea, my 250 is dead nuts centered.

Yours looks like more of a planned outcome, instead of wanting 'one of everything' and having a gaudy paintjob/upholstery. I like it. because of some cost issues, I might not be able to do as-much as you have done, but yours can enter a show and hold its own and is far-more practical than some H-D 18" over apehanger 'custom' that cost someone $40K to buy from the "Chop-Shop w/an Attitude" store.

Subtle wins in my book, mostly my taste, but I do like a tasteful use of chrome, and I like an orange or tangering color, though I don't have anything in that right-now.

The one thing I dislike is matte-finish. Growing-up, that was what you did because you couldn't afford to get it painted while you were doing bodywork. I do think it looks good on competition stuff, it's kinda expected. What was that Stallone movie w/ the ~'49 Ford?Mercury? "Cobra" ? That's the kind of matte or primered look I like, especially w/a stogie-smokin' woodpecker speed shop decal, lakes pipes, and mild custom bodywork.

I still think the 'too busy" is mostly just the paint a upholstery.

Never cared for two colors on a seat on any bike, even thought it was hideous on my XR650L

If the wheel has major offset that a big downer too. Is that a big tire kit? Can't tell from the angle.

To each their own because everyone can spend their money how they want but I've always kept to the "less is more" school of thought... Too much bling and things start looking majorly taco but that's just my opinion, my motto is keep it simple stupid! LOL

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Speaking of Taco,

Anyone ever see a Mexican Saddle?

Now that's too much bling!

pyru7ahy.jpg

Seriously tho, except for the carb stacks, clear covers, and chrome radiator cover, I don't see any thing else non functional, the crash guards are a little much combined with a belly pan and I guess take it all together and it is actually pretty busy even if the paint was more to my taste......plus like has already been said there were some choices made to paint some pieces that increase the business that i would not have made myself. ....oh well. Maybe it ain't just the paint ; )

I think your bike looks fantastic, but I'm kinda partial to that color ; )

Back