Anybody have these on their max?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are OEM yamaha accessories and they used to have a picture on the Yamaha website. Not sure if they do anymore (prob not).

Sean

I wish I could find a pic. I just don't see how they would mount. I want to get rid of the reflectors.

who ever is selling that should be posting a pic of the things installed.

that's just bad business.

I got that for mine

234.jpg

234-1.jpg

Quite cheaper but not chromed just stainless steal.
After one year of heat, no problem.

I don't think those replace the reflectors, they replace the aluminum strip below the reflectors. The reflectors are rectangles with 90 degree angles. Those strips are not.

They mount with double sided tape.

The reflectors are bolted on.

If you take off your rad covers you will see the bolt holding the reflectors on the backside. Take the reflector out. Scuff it with some sandpaper. Paint it with some plastikote spraypaint the color of your choice.

I did that to the stock aluminum piece too. Make sure you peel off the platic cover from this before painting!

I was going to buy some old rad covers and try to plactic weld them and smooth them but I'm too damn lazy and just painted em instead.

Attachments

• DSC02259.JPG
    DSC02259.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 51
I was going to buy some old rad covers and try to plactic weld them and smooth them but I'm too damn lazy and just painted em instead.

I just had my side rad covers smoothed out. I'll post some pics of the finished product. I pulled out the reflector (yes, its bolted) and then peeled out the aluminum strip (yes, just glued) and then asked the painter to fill it will fiberglass repair bonding goup, smooth, and paint.

He's done this to other parts for me with very good results.

I'm going up there tomorrow morning, so I'll snap some pics, but they may only be in primer or just have a base coat of paint at this point.

I wish I could find a pic. I just don't see how they would mount. I want to get rid of the reflectors.

It looks like these things replace the mesh on the sides of the rad covers. If you don't like the reflectors take them out, fill them in with fiberglass, and then paint them your favorite color.

Back