Yes, another backrest question....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2fear

Reaction score
I am getting a bike with a factory Yam backrest, If I take the upper section off, does anyone know if there is a section out there to put in it's place to make a grab bar? Has anyone made one?

Virago. Much lower. Do a search for threads on here with pics.

Sean

Virago. Much lower. Do a search for threads on here with pics.

Sean
Thanks Sean, search button, go figure :clapping: I found it. So... A Virago grab bar fits into the factory Yamaha backrest slots??? If so I need one, does anyone have one? If I'm wrong please let me know..Thanks.

It fits, Ive heard that some have issues with the curves lining up nice since they werent meant to be together. You'll probably be OK. It does stick up quite a ways over the stock grab bar.

Works just fine, the whole package is getting Satin Powder Coated at Mr Morley's as we speak.. Along with the Stock Backrest Pad assembly.

NewSeat004.jpg

Sometimes the curvature at the bottom of the virago grabrail needs to be sanded down for it to fit snugly into the lower sections but it's an easy job and a bolt on other then that. I don't recall what years/models of the virago's they are but want to say early 90's 750's.

Sean

I say sell the thing, put the stocker back on, and by a HAC unit which comes off and looks like stock...

You can get a right mint for the factory sissy right now.

Chris

I say sell the thing, put the stocker back on, and by a HAC unit which comes off and looks like stock...

You can get a right mint for the factory sissy right now.

Chris

I will try the search button to see if there is a link to this HAC you speak of lol.

Great info guys, once I get the bike Friday I can see what eveything looks like and figure something out. I might have my people fab a grab bar thats fits on the Yam backrest, oh yeah, I got people :coolgleamA:

Latest posts

Back