Forward Controls from DIYers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WIKDMAX

Reaction score
I have a quick question about forwards. I know a couple companies that make them and I've owned the set that Seeger Cycles sells. However the price has skyrocketed and I was wondering if anyone that has made their own offered them for sale. I'm not into bling so powdercoated black works well for me or bare metal and I'll powdercoat it. Just looking for a cheaper alternative to the $500-$600 sets.

No one has info on this? I figured someone would have engineered a set.

By all means shoot out a price. Not sure if it would be cheaper than what's out there but I'm game. If I could find a set around 400-450 I'd be happier. Funny thing is the last set I bought in 2004 was from Seeger at $449.00.

I have not put these in to thought now but I am working with a very good cnc machinest & a good fabricator on some things for the Vmax & my idea is to keep every thing as cheap as possible with good quality & do volume instead of trying to make cash all at once.

Well let me know if you're interested in trying this.

By all means shoot out a price. Not sure if it would be cheaper than what's out there but I'm game. If I could find a set around 400-450 I'd be happier. Funny thing is the last set I bought in 2004 was from Seeger at $449.00.

Design is easy...You could propably make yorself a set for 100 bucks or so by cuting them from stainless!
PM if you are interested.

I was out on my brother in laws bike for awhile yesterday. It has forward controls on it. It felt pretty good at first but, after awhile, my ass started bothering me, and it felt like I had to almost hold my legs up there when we were moving over 65mph. I was missing my max in short order.

I like my setup. Stock controls with a place to stretch out when needed. Options. I can't seem to sit in one position for too long. With forward controls, I felt like I was stuck and had no where to go.

I was out on my brother in laws bike for awhile yesterday. It has forward controls on it. It felt pretty good at first but, after awhile, my ass started bothering me, and it felt like I had to almost hold my legs up there when we were moving over 65mph. I was missing my max in short order.

I like my setup. Stock controls with a place to stretch out when needed. Options. I can't seem to sit in one position for too long. With forward controls, I felt like I was stuck and had no where to go.
I know exactly waht you are saying when I bought my first Max years ago I thought I wanted them to. I think I kept them on there for 2 weeks before I traded them off for some other vmax parts.

My biggest reason for wanting the forward controls is a bad knee. It aches after being on the Max for about 20 min. However I don't have any problems with the Harley and that's the reason I put them on my last Vmax. Highway pegs work great on the highway but then I have a slight problem bringing my bad leg back to the peg to use the rear brake. Looks really isn't the problem nor is holding on at speed. My drive into work is on the Beachline here in FL so I do 75+ just to keep up with traffic and the wind hitting me in the chest is worse then whats pushing on my legs.

WIKDMAX: I suffer from an extremely bad back and can't ride without atleast forward pegs. I haven't found a Surgeon yet that will touch my back until I can no longer get out of bed, Too Risky with so much injury.

I get all screwed up riding bikes with the controls in different places. I have forward controls on my Harley too. The Max's are next... It hurts me too, to move my feet back to center controls after any distance... :sad2:So, You have company in that respect..

Any chance of getting you over for our Sunday Ride????

No, unfortunately I'm on shift that day. But I'll make one sooner or later. :)

I have forward controls on my Max and the last couple bikes had them as well. I think it's all a preference thing. I would feel like I'm on a ten speed if I didn't have them, to me it's a lot more comfortable and really makes me feel like part of the bike. I'm 5'8" 165lbs and it just feels natural to me to ride that way. But like I said it's all what your used to and what you like. Ed

Back