What is this plug help help.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jagco1

Reaction score
Hi guys, I pull off my scoop covers to have powder painted and found this plug not
connected. I can't find any info on what this is or what runs on the bike.

Thanks to all that has been helping me with 1992 Vmax.

Attachments

• P1000600.jpg
    P1000600.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
It's a toggle switch that changes when the vboost comes on. Do you have an off/on switch on the side of your bike?

That plug is for your vboost. Someone must have unplugged it to keep the vboost open all the time instead of opening at 6k rpm.

All I see is the Vboost is unplugged. Probably in the open position. Kind of like wiring the secondaries open on a 4 barrel.

How can I till if this is working. The bike runs good and very fast.... I'm not sure why this was pull apart. I never knew it until I pull off the scoops. I no nothing about this V-boost thing school a old man guys.

Connect it back up and then when you turn the bike on you will hear the vboost cycle open then close. You can run the bike this way, which is stock. See how you like it. If you don't like it as much then you can always go back. To go back you turn the bike on and listen for the boost to cycle. Half way through the cycle unplug that connector again and you will have the vboost open at all times.

All you do is disconnect that plug as soon as the vboost opens all the way. I did that and didn't like it so I hoked it back up.

Most of the stock engine guys like the functional VBoost, I would 'venture' to say. "Try it, you'll like it!" Just be sure to be heading straight for awhile when you wind the engine past 6000 after you hook it back-up! And, "get off the greasy center of the lane oil stripe before you do!" Otherwise you could be heading for a trip to closely-inspect the texture of the macadam surface, 'up-close & personal,' before ending-up plowing a swale furrow with your bike and your body.:bang head:

Most of the stock engine guys like the functional VBoost, I would 'venture' to say. "Try it, you'll like it!" Just be sure to be heading straight for awhile when you wind the engine past 6000 after you hook it back-up! And, "get off the greasy center of the lane oil stripe before you do!" Otherwise you could be heading for a trip to closely-inspect the texture of the macadam surface, 'up-close & personal,' before ending-up plowing a swale furrow with your bike and your body.:bang head:

That's funny. OK guys I hook it up but i don't here anything running other than the fuel pump pumping. Can you guys tell how to check this.

Also 1 of the little tubes on the lift side under the carbs leak a little gas few drops and stop what is this, is it because of a float level set wrong...

Attachments

• P1000662.jpg
    P1000662.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
"O" guys was told the bike motor was rebuilt 1 year ago. I'm new to the vmax trying to learn how to work on it.

Welcome first off. A quick way to check your Vboost operation is simple. Plug that round plug into the adjacent round receptacle. Once that is done, stick your ear down by carb. With the "Run" button on, turn the key on and listen for a double "bzzzzzz-bzzzzzz". It starts as soon as you turn the key and only lasts for a second or two. Do not start the engine. If you do not hear the bzzz-bzzzz sound, you will have to dig deeper. Fuse maybe or a bad Vboost relay or bad servo motor to boost. We will get you going with advice or parts. If you don't have a shop manual, get one or look up Vmaxoutlaw.com for microfiche.

I connected together turn the key, I only here the fuel pump running - I think that's what I here. Also there's a little gas leaking from the lift side front small black tube under the carb what this?

I connected together turn the key, I only here the fuel pump running - I think that's what I here. Also there's a little gas leaking from the lift side front small black tube under the carb what this?

Carb float bowl drain tube .

the fuel pump should stop making noise after a few turns of the key as the bowls would be full and no need to prime. but if you have a sticky float and its flooding the bowls then it will keep clicking away(sound of fuel pump, clicks)

there is a little phillips screw that you turn to drain the bowls or while you are setting float level with those tubes, give that a tighten maybe its a little loose or the oring is going.

since it was disconnected the vboost maybe the terminals got corroded, i had that on mine, had to clean all contacts with sand paper then all worked perfect.
you have the airbox off you can see down where the vboost is and make sure its there and moves freely, you can pull up on it and see what i mean, also if you look from there of the right side you can see it move when you turn the key on.

the kill switch is on "on" also right.....has to be for it to work(just as if your gonna start the bike.

If you want to test your servo motor apply voltage at the points in the pic, if you switch polarity the servo should open/close. This is Maleko's drawing which I saved a while back......

Attachments

• Vboostmanualcontrol%20001_edited[1].jpg
    Vboostmanualcontrol%20001_edited[1].jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 20
If you want to test your servo motor apply voltage at the points in the pic, if you switch polarity the servo should open/close. This is Maleko's drawing which I saved a while back......

Thanks thanks again guys.

For the info, I will play around with it tomorrow morning.

Could not see the the wiring to good it came out real small. Can you send to my email address to [email protected]

I was told today by the guy's brother. The bike may have a Morley stage 7 jet kit when the motor and tranny was rebuilt but he was not sure on what stage it is - but he said there is a Morley jet kit in the carbs.

The bike is very fast I beat 05 ZX12 off the line at a stop light up to 135 miles and I back off... No head shack he was 3 bikes length behind me.

Last edited:
I found this on line testing the servo. I will try it in the morning and I will pull off the air filter case to. And take pictures.

Attachments

• Vmax servo vboost.jpg
    Vmax servo vboost.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Back