09 vmax clutch

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many people are running 2 but I haven't heard of anyone trying 3. Let us know how it goes and how much of the slipper clutch you lose.

I need caught up on the 'slipper' part of the clutch. Do I understand this right? It is suppose to slip when you downshift, as not to slow up too fast or lock the rear when solely downshifting? When I slow down and downshift, the engine can slow the bike dramatically. I haven't attempted to downshift to the point where it would have a chance to chirp the rear. I am planning on adding another spring. It sounds like that is plenty from what I've read.

i work at yamaha off millington service manager and sponsored by them so i get the parts their, i'am goning to try it i feel i need to up grade the bolts though go to a harden #9 bolt i'am starting to get above a 70 shot on the nos and i just put some new barnett clutch plates in i'am trying to lock it up a little more down track
i'll let you know what happens!!
gary

i work at yamaha off millington service manager and sponsored by them so i get the parts their, i'am goning to try it i feel i need to up grade the bolts though go to a harden #9 bolt i'am starting to get above a 70 shot on the nos and i just put some new barnett clutch plates in i'am trying to lock it up a little more down track
i'll let you know what happens!!
gary

Well, how did it go at the track?!

Anyone that hasn't done the double D mod.......its a must!!! the difference in how much harder the bike pulls is quite noticable. Slightly harder pull on the clutch and I haven't seen any issues with it effecting the slipper clutch part, hard downshifts fine.

Anyone that hasn't done the double D mod.......its a must!!! the difference in how much harder the bike pulls is quite noticable. Slightly harder pull on the clutch and I haven't seen any issues with it effecting the slipper clutch part, hard downshifts fine.

+1 I agree 100%....it's a good mod.

I went to Parts Shark like jb said. I'd of saved 13 bucks total over K&N. When I went to check out, no Discover Card works there. :teeth angry: Guess I could use up my 25% off cert if it's still good but I don't really need anything else.

What is a 9 grade bolt? Was that std or met? I've used up to 8 grade in std. I thought that would be equivalent to a 10.9 met? I think it might be a good idea to upgrade.

Dicrays: Achmed?:hmmm::whistlin::sleep 2::yelrotflmao:

just got my ecu back from tim nash .had it reflashed to do away with the variable throttle butterfly control problem. the throttle butterflys will now follow my throttle grip even if my rpm drops below 6000 rpm also had some timming taken out to spray more nitrous.
hope to get to test and tune next weekend
gary

WOW, very exciting reflash. How does the bike feel with the reflash? Does it have more power at lower rpm's and it is too much? Very interested, tks

just in the idle and the reving of the throttle you can tell the difference. the v-max was d-tune to get it into the usa and the way yamaha did this is no two cylinder's make power at the same time when1 and 4 are making full power 2 and 3 are a little down on power when 2 and 3 are making full power 1 and 4 are down on power when reflashed all 4 cylinders are now making full power at the same time. and the variable butterflys that are run by servo motors when you drop below 6000rpm to prevent full throttle , even though you are wide open is reprogram to follow actual throttle off the right hand, your wide open your butterflies are wide open,
i head to the track next sunday should be a blast and a handfull
i'am looking forward to it
gary

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back