1" lower pegs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HELL NO ! THATS A GREAT LINE ! BUILDING AIRPLANES ! "LOL" "LOL" :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

If Harley Davidson made airplanes would you fly in one?

thats classic man cant wait to use that in my defense next time those fags try to give me crap

you know what gets me about harley guys? they say how free they are and all that jazz but they are the best example to use when referring to herd mentality

If only Hardley Davidson invested there money in Japaneese engineers rather than lawyers back in the 70's they may have been able to build a realiable motorcycle :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:
:th_fridaay:

If only Hardley Davidson invested there money in Japanese engineers rather than lawyers back in the 70's they may have been able to build a realiable motorcycle :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:
:th_fridaay:

They kinda did.a few years back Harley had their main plant re tooled by Japanese motorcycle engineers.

My buddy's has a Vrod he pulled the "at least my bike is made in the US" bit,I pleasantly informed him "your frame is made in France,your swingarm in Switzerland,your motor engineered in Germany,your forks and shocks are Showa from Japan,need I go on? He shut up pretty quick!

They kinda did.a few years back Harley had their main plant re tooled by Japanese motorcycle engineers.

My buddy's has a Vrod he pulled the "at least my bike is made in the US" bit,I pleasantly informed him "your frame is made in France,your swingarm in Switzerland,your motor engineered in Germany,your forks and shocks are Showa from Japan,need I go on? He shut up pretty quick!

I don't know how much of a Vrod is "made in USA", but we went down and toured the plant in north KC MO for a Vrod rally last year, I saw the frame being welded together there. They also do the stamping for the fenders and airbox cover. Engine assembly and the rest of the bike assembly happens there too, but I don't know where the parts come from.

I'm definetly not a Harley lover but after riding my wifes Vrod a few times I'm not a hater either. Even though I still give the guys at work that own them shit all the time. I think the "herd mentality" comment is right on!

themattreid show us some pics with the new pegs, they look pretty good to me.

I was talking to a Vrod owner the other day at a gas station that gets lots of bikes in it (it the first gas station on the eastern end of the Tamiami Trail) and I mentioned that the Vmax is the bike Harley patterned the Vrod after, and he told me that no, the Vrod was a totally new design, that Harley and Porsche spent 9 years developing it, I just said something like "oh, I didn't know that" as I didn't want to get into an argument.

I wonder how he would have reacted if I told him the Vmax was already out for 7 years when Harley & Porsche decided to copy it, and it still took them 9 years!

But hey, he's happy with his Vrod, I'm happy with my Vmax, so everyone's happy!

-MikeS

I have a Harley too, and yes the forks are from Japan. But from where I'm standing, both Japan and USA are forign countrys.
Swedish Husqvarna is sold to Italy so if I was to go patriotic I should get myself a Husaberg ...
Neee, dont think soo.
I'll rather go with "Made somewhere else, rebuilt in Sweden"

My Harley and my V-max are to diffrent animals, but I love em both.

Back