Any tricks for those with long legs?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmax1961

Reaction score
I'm 6'4 and would like a bit more legroom. I just read about the H-D footpegs and they're said to lower the foot position about an inch. Is that true?
Are there any other methods, any aftermarked brackets that lower the footpegs?
Thanks!

I'm 6'4 and would like a bit more legroom. I just read about the H-D footpegs and they're said to lower the foot position about an inch. Is that true?
Thanks!
you could get forward controls , There is someone here that has them and has a picture of them as well I think his Id is redbone

I have std footrests, there are a few that have forward controls though. Quarterhorse & VmaxID are a couple that I can think of off the top of my head. Check them out in the garage.:eusa_dance:

Thanks!

I am 6ft7, a custom lowered seat really helps. along with some engine crash bars.

Thanks!

I looked at those and the reason they fit lower is because they have a small mounting area where the pin goes through the peg. The stock footrest uses a double bracket with a space in the middle where the footpeg return spring goes. The HD pegs just slide to the bottom of the mounting pin until they hit the bracket. I don't think you can use the stock return spring so the peg just sort of flops in place.

I am 6ft7, a custom lowered seat really helps. along with some engine crash bars.

I'm confused. This is the 3rd time I posted in this "lower footpeg thread" because I just installed a Sportmax seat and now I feel like my knees are hitting my chin. I'm 5"8".

Needless to say, I'm trying to figure out how to lower the pegs myself.

I'm confused. This is the 3rd time I posted in this "lower footpeg thread" because I just installed a Sportmax seat and now I feel like my knees are hitting my chin. I'm 5"8".

Needless to say, I'm trying to figure out how to lower the pegs myself.
I'm 6'/ 32" inseam and I have drag bars. The only difference I can see is that my seat is not as lowered as yours. My Morley Muscle seat is only lowered around a 1" from stock. Sean recommended that I not get it lowered too much as I weighed 265 Lbs then (255 now and still losing!). Sean's seat is very comfortable and I sit on what feels like 3x the seat area now. My seating position is much improved over the stock bars/ seat, but it could also be due to losing 20 lbs.(and reshaping by adding 18 lbs muscle):thumbs up:
Hope this helps somehow......:confused2:Here are 3 pics of my stock setup and what I have now:

Attachments

• stock seat 2007.jpg
    stock seat 2007.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Morley Muscle seat 2008.jpg
    Morley Muscle seat 2008.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 33
  • Wider more comfortable Muscle seat.jpg
    Wider more comfortable Muscle seat.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 22
I'm 6'/ 32" inseam and I have drag bars. The only difference I can see is that my seat is not as lowered as yours. My Morley Muscle seat is only lowered around a 1" from stock. Sean recommended that I not get it lowered too much as I weighed 265 Lbs then (255 now and still losing!). Sean's seat is very comfortable and I sit on what feels like 3x the seat area now. My seating position is much improved over the stock bars/ seat, but it could also be due to losing 20 lbs.(and reshaping by adding 18 lbs muscle):thumbs up:
Hope this helps somehow......:confused2:Here are 3 pics of my stock setup and what I have now:

Hey my missus just made me log in so should could see your lowered seat and 18lbs of muscle. :surprise:

All she got was picture of your bike :rofl_200:

Im 6ft. and I dropped my pegs 40mm by fabricating drop plates. The l/h side is a straight plate(6mm) and drilled accordingly, tho a little attention is required to accomodate the side stand.
The r/h side plate is a little more complicated.
A boss for the foot brake shaft must be included, and a drop plate for the master cylinder must be made.
This method has little effect on ground clearance.

Im 6ft. and I dropped my pegs 40mm by fabricating drop plates. The l/h side is a straight plate(6mm) and drilled accordingly, tho a little attention is required to accomodate the side stand.
The r/h side plate is a little more complicated.
A boss for the foot brake shaft must be included, and a drop plate for the master cylinder must be made.
This method has little effect on ground clearance.

You wouldn't by any chance have photos of this mod? I like this idea and perhaps this is the solution and the Harley pegs may have a junkey feeling w/o the return spring fitting in place (as mentioned here above).

Yeah, the Sportmax seat is much lower than that. Fortunately, I only ride short distances (2 hours max) so I can live with it. Your seat looks much like the one I just traded to Vmaxrider. That seat was very comfortable.

Back