• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1985 vmax for parts or repair

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharkbaby5

Reaction score
For repair, will probably need new tranny. (History: 2nd gear popping, now its stuck in 1st, won't shift). Can't afford the necessary crankcase disassembly.
Otherwise everything else was working great before this happened. $500 OBO. In San Diego, CA. Contact Keith 718 757 9499 for more details.

Attachments

• IMG_0661.jpg
    IMG_0661.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 60
Someone in the area should pick up this quickly, lots of good parts on it. And if you know how to repair the tranny, and whatever else it's got wrong, probably worth more as parts than a running bike sold as-such.

Original poster, what are the last 4 numbers of the VIN, and does the stickie on the steering head say it's a USA market bike?

Yes this is killing me. Just replaced the battery, rectifier and fuel pump and it was running great. I just don't have the time, place or skills to fix this. Sean, I'll let you know if the buyer doesn't buy, thanks.

Original poster, what are the last 4 numbers of the VIN, and does the stickie on the steering head say it's a USA market bike?[/QUOTE]

VIN 0524 and I don't see that on sticker

So it's a #424th built bike in the 1985 model year.

Look underneath the faux gas tank cover, there should be a label there about what emissions standards it was designed for, and what year.

This thing has got to be gone! Can't believed I missed out on this!

I'm super bummed! I only live about 45 minutes from the guy! I would have scooped that up in a heartbeat. I actually saw it on Craigslist when he had it listed for $1,000. I tried to talk my wife into letting me buy it for $800 and part it out but she wasn't having it :bang head:

Back