• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1986 VMAX for sale

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah - I'm out. Needs a seat, this dude isn't holding to his price, I'm broke, etc.

Sounds shady. Hope I'm wrong, but so far that's what I've gathered.

He emailed me two photos, but from what you guys are saying I am not interested either.

20140801_120612_zps9bbe4044.jpg

20140801_120545_zps1532195a.jpg

Hmm, looks like he found a seat for it - at least to replace the back pieces. Far as the bike goes, that was my biggest hangup. Otherwise, I'd jump on it if he'd communicate.

Not a fan of the single can, either. Just doesn't flow with the rest of the bike's lines. Somebody with a welder and exhaust tubing could make a killer dual setup to fix that though. :p

If he were closer, I'd be tempted to go over with $1000. And bring a bore scope with me. It's all there. I'd think a nice ride could be made here with lot's of time and another $1k.

That looks like a Kerker to me. I dunno, I'm talking with my son Jesse and he may want it to just get right and resell (unless of course I talk him into giving ok dad a daily rider to keep my Custom even more special) lol, but, seriously, if it runs and no second gear issues I think it would be a great score. He told me a guy has money on it but he'll let me know. I'll keep yins posted what happens.

Not a fan of the single can, either. Just doesn't flow with the rest of the bike's lines. Somebody with a welder and exhaust tubing could make a killer dual setup to fix that though. :p

Just sell it and put stock pipes on it. No need to get a welder involved. It does look pretty bad. I wonder what it's like on the inside.

That looks like a Kerker to me. I dunno, I'm talking with my son Jesse and he may want it to just get right and resell (unless of course I talk him into giving ok dad a daily rider to keep my Custom even more special) lol, but, seriously, if it runs and no second gear issues I think it would be a great score. He told me a guy has money on it but he'll let me know. I'll keep yins posted what happens.

Said there was no gas in the tank so he couldn't run it to test 2nd, but had discussed the issue with a mechanic....just in case it turned out to be bad.

Sorry guys. I was out of town. I bought the seat off of ebay. The motorcycle mechanic I bought the bike off of said that after he did the carbs he treated the bike like a brand new bike and ran it several hours and changed the oil. He repeated this process 3 or 4 times putting new oil each time. Treating it like a break-in period. ran it from the bottle and not the tank using straight gas and not the ethanol mix. He didn't run it throught the tank because he didn't want to get any foreign matter that may be in the tank to get into the carbs. The bike sat in the shed for 20 years before the mechanic bought it. I felt pretty comfortable with him since he worked at my local motorcycle shop as a mechanic. I did not want to run gas through the tank without checking it for rust an stuff. Also the clutch slave cylinder needs to be rebuilt so i can't shift gears if I wanted to. I dropped the price because I have to get money fast to buy my new vmax before the guy sells it. Otherwise I would keep it and restore it myself. I have a buyer. He paid for the bike but is now trying to figure out how to get it back to Kentucky. If he changes his mind or can't get a shipper at a reasonable price then who knows. The bike may be available again.

Yeah - I'm out. Needs a seat, this dude isn't holding to his price, I'm broke, etc.

Sounds shady. Hope I'm wrong, but so far that's what I've gathered.

Nothing shady about it. It's a $1000 bike. I need cash. What's shady about that. It's not like im asking for $3000 and don't have the title. I dropped the price because I'm looking for a quick sale. I'm not claiming it a turn key bike. It is what it is. Take it or leave it. There is a seat. I wouldn't expect anyone to buy this bike that don't know their stuff. Common sense. No offense.

Bro, no offense taken. And since you've come back and answered questions and all, I don't think you're a shady guy. Your story makes sense - you just kinda left a lot of us hanging for awhile, but it's all good. Not like we need to sign your permission slip so you can go off for a few days. :p

So, did dude in KY pull through for ya?

Back