2 Bikes in Sync, 1 Lady in the Tub

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecOps13

Reaction score
Now that you're here.

I had some time in my schedule for a tuning session on Strafer and SkullDuggery. After the trauma of last Sundays run against an R1, I wanted to see if there were any problems left behind. The troubles of that day seem to have had no ill effects. Strafer had been sync'd with my Ancient Mercury Manometer and briefly checked with CaptainKyle's Gauges prior to the day in question. I picked up a new non mercury manometer a while back. It allows for calibration prior to any work... Motion Pro, Sync Pro.

A little tweek here and there and everything's within 1/2 bar (1 in hg) or less. No bouncing or other indications of valve spring displacement or damage. TG...

I moved the 89 over and checked the gauges again for calibration. Amazingly they need to be set up again. Temperature over the other bike or who knows what. A tweek here and there and the same results on this one.. I still like the gauge with Stainless Steel Rods but this was there, on hand in the store when I needed it...

I probably over kill on the sync, doing it often and as tight as I can get it. Most feel that within 2 in hg is good so I've been told..:ummm:

I checked the oil levels on both bikes and set it at the top line with the bikes straight up...

Hey Dave, I found that after going through my carbs, I had to sync a few times before everything settled in. You should swing by my garage some time & check out your sync on my homemade "Sync-right 2000". :biglaugh: No further than Kyle's, just a little more west. I want to ride down & hang with your crowd in St Pete some Friday night too, i'm just waiting for warmer weather. I'm too soft to ride when it's in the 40's. :rofl_200:

Glad your getting to work on your bikes & getting them strait. I thought I was finally gonna get to work on my stuff some this week but that changed. I did manage to get the electronic ignition in the mustang monday & get it fired up & had big plans for Tuesday but my body told me diffrent.

Hey Dave, I found that after going through my carbs, I had to sync a few times before everything settled in. You should swing by my garage some time & check out your sync on my homemade "Sync-right 2000". :biglaugh: No further than Kyle's, just a little more west. I want to ride down & hang with your crowd in St Pete some Friday night too, i'm just waiting for warmer weather. I'm too soft to ride when it's in the 40's. :rofl_200:

A northern NY lad....talkin' like that!! I can't believe it! :surprise::surprise::surprise:

The "sync-right 2000" is so big though... It must be super accurate....:rofl_200:
Should be marketed, then $$ richwrench $$ might really apply.:biglaugh:

Back