2001 V-max is finally on the road

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SledHead

Reaction score
Grats on your bike man. What shield is that? It looks like it belongs which is rare for something other than a flyswatter sized shield.

Yep, looks & sounds good, let us know what happens w/the prior owner.

Grats on your bike man. What shield is that? It looks like it belongs which is rare for something other than a flyswatter sized shield.

That is Yamaha's Mini-Shield. Available with and without what looks like an eagle etched on the lower front. I have that for trips and the Givi A123 for around town.

Congrats. That ought to outrun the monsters from your id, no problem.

Klaatu, "Birada nicto," said the Krell Photon Shift Engineer, as they left their corporeal bodies behind; but they would never be able to quit the monsters of the id.
:ummm:

I picked the bike up from Snake River Yamaha on Saturday, and they did a great job of correcting the issues.

Cool.. congrats. Gotta love a happy ending..(or should I say beginning) :biglaugh:

and I'm curious to find out wether or not the guy pays..

T$

That is Yamaha's Mini-Shield. Available with and without what looks like an eagle etched on the lower front. I have that for trips and the Givi A123 for around town.

I did not know that it is a Yamaha shield. There is no eagle on mine.

Klaatu, "Birada nicto," said the Krell Photon Shift Engineer, as they left their corporeal bodies behind; but they would never be able to quit the monsters of the id.
:ummm:

:clapping:

I'm glad there are some science fiction fans here. I've been working on making a Vmax frame out of solid Krell metal.

Yep, looks & sounds good, let us know what happens w/the prior owner.

Cool.. congrats. Gotta love a happy ending..(or should I say beginning) :biglaugh:

and I'm curious to find out wether or not the guy pays..

T$

The PO wrote me today, and has agreed to send me roughly $240 of an $800 repair bill. I'm happy with that, because he could have told me to go fly a kite, and I would not have much recourse.

I will say that if you are contemplating buying a bike off of eBay, and it's not possible to inspect the machine yourself, hire an inspection firm to look at it and send you a report.

Any time you are buying something used, you expect to find a few problems. At the end of the day I knew I was buying an 11 year old bike. My issue here is that these were things that should have been disclosed in the listing. I do not believe the previous owner was purposely trying to deceive anyone with the listing, but simply was not as comprehensive as he could have been with the description.

Good negotiation, let's see the color of the $. So that brings it down to $560 in costs to square-away a used bike, which is slightly-more than I commented-on as the amount to have to deal w/maintenance issues & replacements of wear-items in another post. I'd say you did OK, especially if you get 5K mi w/o any additional expenses. Maybe a rear tire, if you like burnouts, either stationary/rolling.

Latest posts

Back