2001 Vmax vs 2009 Vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fasmax

Reaction score
New member, so i say HELLO. VMOA#2629

I put a $100 deposit down for the new Vmax 6 years ago not knowing what it would be like.

I received my 09 VMAX 12/8/08 and lost my job 12/12/08. I am lucky enough to keep both bikes for the mean time.

I loved the attention the 01 Vmax received at every event I attended. All my friends ride Harley's. The Harley was a bike I could afford but chose not to purchase based on the fact everyone has one. I buy for technology not for sound and chrome. Anytime I went to a rally I always returned to my 2001 VMAX with people around it wishing they too had purchased the bike somewhere in their past.

There is NO comparison between the 1st and 2nd generation Vmax. The 2nd generation Max is so much more or less depending on what side of the line you stand. Today I parked between the LITRE bikes and the Harley and Metric cruisers at a local bar. There was no comparison it does not look or belong to either group. The 2009 VMAX stands all by itself and everyone is curious.

Is it quick? Nothing I have ridden in the past 30 years compares to its 0-120. In real world conditions between stop lights nothing will beat it.

Is it unique? Nothing looks like it and it still has its mystique.

I took the 01 out to charge the battery and add fuel stabilizer to it and it was difficult to ride after the new gen.

Was it worth the $17,900? Debatable (not by me), but I would still pay it based on what you get for your money.

Bottom line if you can afford the 2009 bike buy it, it is AWSOME. If not enjoy the 1st generation as it still makes an impact and is fun to ride. I will keep both bikes, but if and when I have to get rid of one it will be the 2001.

FASMAX:clapping:.

Welcome, nice first post, sorry to hear you lost your job.

Get that thing to the dragstrip already... I know that redline raceway in caddo mills is open all winter for sunday fun and grudge.

Wow an '01 AND an '09? You're the lucky one.. Sorry to hear about your job loss, but best wishes to get a better one in 2009!

And welcome to the best Vmax site online ;-)

Nice name you have there fasmax, welcome to the forums. Sorry about your job loss, some scary times now with unemployment! Hope that changes for you real soon!! Congrats on the new bike!!

Very nice post :)
Just by reading, I could almost imagine myself.
I will just wait a little for a 2009, very hard to find where I am.
But It could be nice to see standing my 89 model beside a 2009 :)
One just 20 years older :)

Welcometo the forums! I would like to hear more of your experiances with your two Vmax's. And pictures would be nice if you get a chance to post some up.

sorry about the job man! glad to hear it about the bike and that you're happy with it... having a gen 1 and a 2009 would be a dream come true for me!

Back