2005 Serial Number

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juce_box

Reaction score
I have a 2005 Anniversary edition, and although there is a badge on the faux tank, there is nothing on said badge that says XX of 2000. How, if at all, could I ascertain that information?

Steve

I have a 2005 Anniversary edition, and although there is a badge on the faux tank, there is nothing on said badge that says XX of 2000. How, if at all, could I ascertain that information?

Steve
Someone a while back made the claim that many 05's were made that were not given a number. The whole 1 of 2000 numbering system seems to be a bit strange from Yamaha. I have #1844/2000 and my little tag somehow fell off last summer, lol. You would think there would be a number on the frame or within the vin that would match that number, but I don't think that ever happened either.

Someone a while back made the claim that many 05's were made that were not given a number. The whole 1 of 2000 numbering system seems to be a bit strange from Yamaha. I have #1844/2000 and my little tag somehow fell off last summer, lol. You would think there would be a number on the frame or within the vin that would match that number, but I don't think that ever happened either.

Yeah, looking at the VIN was my first idea. Let's just say that the last 4 digits are higher than 2000. Kinda messed up because I had someone come out this weekend who was looking to buy it and asked me what serial number it was. I was like, UHHHHHH...no idea. He did not wind up purchasing the bike...

Back