2009 VRSCF V-Rod Muscle

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old Timers SS?

Let's hear it for mid 80's marketing...... Velocity MAXimum!:punk:
red few years you will be an old timer soon :biglaugh:...im an old timer on an old timer bike...it was the perfect buy for me

The VRod is a decent bike, I like it, but it is no VMax.

As far as being pissed that the VMax should have been named VRod from the start.... I'm not so sure about that....

We all know what V-Max stands for, but what is V-Rod??????

Vaginal Rodding?

wish i had a daily Vaginal Rodding....max is a hotrod feel hotrod ride...with all is problems it held and own and still won the battles with all the new comers through the years....hope i age as good as the max

What does "The engine is tuned to produce up to 125 hp at 8250 rpm and up to 85 ft-lbs. of torque at 7000 rpm." mean? Is this supposed to be like winning the lottery? 1 in a million will get the 125hp? The other 999,999, eh..not so much hp and tq. The airbox extension looks like it is totally cobbled together, and it does look like rivets holding it on. :ummm:

I like my Max, but I don't have the rabid brand loyalty. I would own a 'Busa in a second, but a Hardley turd on wheels is a turd on wheels. If the new scoops on the Max had such an obvious backwoods red-neck, totally shitty after- thought mounting set-up, we would all be laughing at that too.

Surprised how narrow minded people are yes. I grew out of being blindingly loyal a long time ago, and I'm not that old.
LET ME TELL YOU , I LIKE THE V- ROD NIGHT ROD , & IF MY V-MAX KEEPS FUCKING UP , I'LL BE GETTING A BRANDNEW HAYABUSA , WICH I WAS TRYING TO AVOID , THATS WHY I BOUGHT THE V-MAX TO BEGIN WITH , I ALWAYS LIKED THE LOOKS & I'D BE LESS LIKELY TO RIDE IT LIKE AN ASSHOLE , LIKE I NO THAT I WILL ON THE BUSA !!!! YOU NO " COP RUNNING " ! " F T P " :double angry bird:

I think it's cool as hell that Harley is copying the Vmax right down to the air-scoops - just wait 'till I see my HD buddies at the company water cooler tomorrow. " Hey guys, tell me again why your 17,000K HD is soooo much cooler that my 2,800K Yamaha " :rofl_200:

I think it's cool as hell that Harley is copying the Vmax right down to the air-scoops - just wait 'till I see my HD buddies at the company water cooler tomorrow. " Hey guys, tell me again why your 17,000K HD is soooo much cooler that my 2,800K Yamaha " :rofl_200:
probably because it smells brand new ...and at 120 mph it will be as steady as a rock two good reasons for me .. what does money have to do with anything

I think its a refreshing step in the right dirrection for HD If they ever go to a V4 it will be really quite cool!

I have never done this in my life BUT.... I have to defend the Harley. :surprise:

This bike is visually attractive. Rivets work for me. I like that 'manufactured' look.

In all fairness Harley D has moved with the times with the V-rod styling. IMHO it's a way better bike than most manufacturers cruisers on the market which are just butt ugly.

Engine displacement is the power limiting factor here but it would not take much at all to scale this thing up to say M-109 specs. Maybe HD will do just that.

The V-rod will stand the test of time.

LET ME TELL YOU , I LIKE THE V- ROD NIGHT ROD , & IF MY V-MAX KEEPS FUCKING UP , I'LL BE GETTING A BRANDNEW HAYABUSA , WICH I WAS TRYING TO AVOID , THATS WHY I BOUGHT THE V-MAX TO BEGIN WITH

Cop Runner, this bike just screams YOU. 235 HP on the dyno.

DSCF1362.jpg

Serious looking "B" I like the pipes mod, they look great. Is that a Texas plate Jayhawk? :ummm:

dan

No, I was seriously on the fence about which exhaust to buy. That's a Boz Bros full header. I seriously wanted to do the Brock's short megaphone pipe similar to the one in the pic, but I just couldn't figure out what to do with that frickin' space under the rear tail.

So, a couple of days ago I ordered some slipons that replace the stock B-King cannons and clean up the back end. This guy figured out, very well, what to do with that space. I can't imagine what that bike is like with the spray.

No, I was seriously on the fence about which exhaust to buy. That's a Boz Bros full header. I seriously wanted to do the Brock's short megaphone pipe similar to the one in the pic, but I just couldn't figure out what to do with that frickin' space under the rear tail.

So, a couple of days ago I ordered some slipons that replace the stock B-King cannons and clean up the back end. This guy figured out, very well, what to do with that space. I can't imagine what that bike is like with the spray.

There was a post a couple weeks ago with a sound clip of (I think) the Boz Bros pipes-they sounded great.

Yeah, that guy sure did figure out the tail space!! A roll on wheelie at-say 120-gives me cold sweats just thinking about it, but what a rush! :thumbs up:

dan

Can we e-mail HD and thank them for giving the VMax a little sister? ahahahahah. It's ok I guess but it does remind me of a Max with the sport tail from the rear and from the side it looks a bit like a stretched, raked Max... Maybe HD is on the right track?

yea it is quite ugly...

the nova's air scoops are eerily familiar....

:th_bump_2:

That v-rod is just butt-ugly to me.

And yes, in 1985 a 'muscle bike' made 145 bhp, a year ago another 'muscle bike' made 185 bhp, this year 'THE' muscle bike is making almost 200 bhp, so a '125 bhp muscle bike' sounds just a bit laughable really :rofl_200:

The Burger King on NOS looks completely sick OTOH, about the only thing you could park next to an '09 Max and still feel smug about (especially knowing you had a spare $5k in your pocket..) :worthy::clapping:

Latest posts

Back