2012 Nor'Easter's Fall Quabbin Reservoir Ride

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95spfldmax

Reaction score
Now that Rice-O-Rama has come & gone.........Now that the fall riding season is upon us...........And back by popular demand..........:punk:

The 2012 Nor'Easter's Fall Quabbin Reservoir Ride

The Primary date: 10/07/12
The Rain date: 10/14/12

The planned route: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=216391101607076555014.0004a7de2643e098d279e&msa=0

I've created a Social Group in my CP area for those interested to attend can sign up to stay updated.

More info will be added as the date approaches..........

I'll be there. Mike I think that covered bridge is open now, it would be a nice spot for pics?

tenative for me on both. but sundays are a maybe whereas saturdays are a nogo

Bridge is open,nice spot for pics. Mike let me know if you want to ad this spot, I found where the rd goes could work right in?

Attachments

• 2012-09-13_15-43-51_247.jpg
    2012-09-13_15-43-51_247.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 16
Bridge is open,nice spot for pics. Mike let me know if you want to ad this spot, I found where the rd goes could work right in?

Cool......I went looking at the map and I wonder if those roads running parallel to 32A but closer to the water are open to use? I doubt it. But will have to go over there exploring before the ride.

Let me know when? maybe after work some night:ummm: .Saterday Im working on the truck and getting rid of some scrap:bang head: and sunday Im takin off somewhere :confused2: , I dont know where Im going but Im on my way, I'm gonna try to do 200-250 miles prolly up toward vermont-Ny lines:confused2::clapping:

Let me know when? maybe after work some night:ummm: .Saterday Im working on the truck and getting rid of some scrap:bang head: and sunday Im takin off somewhere :confused2: , I dont know where Im going but Im on my way, I'm gonna try to do 200-250 miles prolly up toward vermont-Ny lines:confused2::clapping:
I'm busy this weekend. Maybe next.........

Well...we made it out for a pre-ride recognisence<sp> run today (twistedmax, V-Four & myself). Found some good, new, less-traveled roads to modify my planned route with them.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msi...ll=42.331646,-72.255707&spn=0.354817,0.727158

Below some pics of the covered bridge we stopped last time when it was closed for repair but is open now..

photo11_zpsab416067.jpg

photo10_zps4457563b.jpg

photo9_zpscb5350e1.jpg

photo8_zps6e2a2966.jpg

One week to go.............Too early to know what the weather's going to do....stay tuned...............

One week to go.............Too early to know what the weather's going to do....stay tuned...............

I talked to Mark, we're planning on riding up weather permitting. Besides I have something for Danny I've been holding on too. I hope he makes the ride, or I'll give it to you for a relay? It will be great to see the Vmax Bro's again.
Steve-o

Last edited:
That covered bridge looked mental. If it's ever wet when you ride through there, do remember that riding on wet wood is just like riding on ice - NO grip whatsoever. I know from experience, we had wooden drawbridges across the canal in my hometown, and I saw so many cyclists, mopeds and bikes stack it whenever it was wet..

That covered bridge looked mental. If it's ever wet when you ride through there, do remember that riding on wet wood is just like riding on ice - NO grip whatsoever. I know from experience, we had wooden drawbridges across the canal in my hometown, and I saw so many cyclists, mopeds and bikes stack it whenever it was wet..

I had the same thoughts...thanks for the heads-up....of course when Twisted went thru there that dry day you couldn't tell the difference...his tire never stopped spinning :biglaugh:

I talked to Mark, we're planning on riding up weather permitting. Besides I have something for Danny I've been holding on too. I hope he makes the ride, or I'll give it to you for a relay? It will be great to see the Vmax Bro's again.
Steve-o

You guys are prob coming from the farthest. Is trying to meet at Exit 5 Ludlow Pride Station for 10:00am too early for you guys? My latest route is predicted to take 3.5hrs plus I figure 1-1/2 for lunch & stops. 5 hours would put us back at the Turnpike for about 3:00-3:30ish plus your time to ride home (Pats kick-off at 4:25 BTW). Does this sound like a plan? Or should I shave some time off the ride? Thoughts anyone?

early report......time for it to either way but dry at the moment......stay tuned......

Sunday
mostlycloudy.gif
Mostly cloudy. Fog early. High of 59F. Winds from the WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Sunday Night
nt_clear.gif
Clear. Low of 41F. Winds from the NNW at 5 to 10 mph.

Hourly Forecast6AM12 Noon6PM12 MidnightTemp. | Dew Point45 | 3552 | 3356 | 3145 | 26Wind5 mph West8 mph WNW7 mph NW6 mph NNWHumidity64%48%38%45%Chance of Precip.0%0% 0%0%Cloud Cover98%98%49% 0% ConditionsOvercastFogPartly CloudyClearSunrise & Sunset6:51 AM
6:23 PM

Mike, you know that winery we passed......................they have jazz & sangria on sunday:ummm:. I tasted some of their wine at the big E.

And that bridge was wet, wasnt it?:confused2:

Latest posts

Back