2015 VMAX purchase!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got to warn you..... I use that exact same tank bag and it left some very considerable scratches and marks on my gen 1. I was very careful to make sure both the bike and the bottom of the bag were clean too.

Thanks for the tip! I'll make sure check that out! :punk:

I had scratches on my tank as well from the bag! I'll be putting a clear on the tank on my new Gen 2. How much support does the factory backrest provide? I am thinking about getting the factory backrest then adding the Corbin tall backrest.

I had scratches on my tank as well from the bag! I'll be putting a clear on the tank on my new Gen 2. How much support does the factory backrest provide? I am thinking about getting the factory backrest then adding the Corbin tall backrest.

Don't know, haven't had a rider back there yet. Maybe in a few weeks after I hit the Dragon!

If you are asking how much support the factory low backrest has, it's pretty much none, just a bump stop- I put one of those extenders from Ebay on mine, now the wife can lean back and feel safe lol.

Just rode 1250 miles in 5 days on the new V-MAX, the bike ran flawlessly and was a pleasure to ride in the mountains! I have a video from the Dragon, bike was as nimble as my B-King, I didn't have any problems but I wasn't exactly trying to set a speed record either, but I made sure nobody passed me. LOL. As far as gas mileage goes, my first few tanks were around 75-80 but I had over 88 once and 89 another time before the fuel light came on, so that mileage isn't horrible. The stock seat is not bad, the handlebar vibrations in the right hand were a little bothersome, but not any worse than what I had on the B-King before I put the vibranators on it. I think the stock bar position is fine, ergonomically it felt good. Even with just that small mini-shield on it, it just blasts threw the wind, the motorcycle just wants to GO, does not like to be ridden slowly. I also noticed the "engine braking" issue, and it was worse coming DOWN the mountain than going up, I'm hoping to fix all that when I do the Nash flash and exhaust after I've had it a full year. This turned out to be a great week of riding in North Carolina, perfect weather, can't wait to do it again next year!

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv1IX8VdRVg[/yt]

I took my wife out a few weeks ago on my 09' with the low butt stopper it made her feel safe but that's all I didn't push hard at all tho . Personally I'd rather have her tits on my back then her sitting up against a taller sissy bar :punk:

Hey Texas, I was there too. :punk: The Dragon is fun but I think I like the long sweeping curves of the skyway better. Lots of good riding all close together though.

Who is taking those pictures? Looks like its setup to get your picture just like they do at the amusement parks:biglaugh:

Who is taking those pictures? Looks like its setup to get your picture just like they do at the amusement parks:biglaugh:

There are 3 or 4 outfits that camp along side the road and take pictures, to sell to all of the people that ride the Dragon. 7 bucks for the digital download, but you can buy other things too. :punk:

Awesome pictures John! I should get some copies of when Tom and I were down there riding last year. Maybe I will go back this fall with the Vmax group and make a week out of it to ride a the local roads I missed or just want to do again. And again...

Latest posts

Back