3 cracked coils- replacment options ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssnsltd

Reaction score
I did a search for "nology" and "coil replacement" sorry if I missed it.

So I have three cracked coils, not bad- but not like they are self healing. the dealer price on the stock coils is higher than a set of nology coils. I know I read about another replacement here on the forum as well.

I already know from research here on the forum the stock system is a good one. I am not looking for improvements, just good coils.

Anyone have any experience with aftermarket coils for Mr. Max ?

thanks. . .

David, check VMF links or do a search for Gary McCoy. He offers a pretty good discount. Morley might have some for sale as well.

My bike had Dyna coils on it when I bought it....they suck. They cut out at higher rpms so went to stock.

thanks Mark,
I found a place online that shows the nology coils at 199 a set for the vmax. I assume Garry is a dealer? I don't want to get a used set, just end up with the same issue.\

$45.56 per coil is what Gary quoted me this morning! Brand new from Mondakmotorsports via Yamaha warehouses.

UM wants $49.36 per coil.

Neil

I have the dyna minature series, with dyna ignition, and dyna wires I have completely enjoyed them and had no problems. One thing I have read is you will experience cut out at top end if you use a cheap set of wires, Dyna has tested and proved that there wires work well past limits of coils and they are cheap $19.00 set. Roy

Any word on the quality of these coils? They sound like high end products but has anyone had experience with these coils?

Back