3 Runs @ Sacramento Raceway today

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, Maxine isn't the fastest bike out there but I still had fun. Actually, I was the only guy out there NOT on a crotch rocket. I grew up in Central Florida and have more passes down the 1320 at Orlando Speed World than I can count - and although I've been riding motorcycles far longer than driving cars, this evening I made my 1st runs ever down the track on (mostly) two wheels after being away from the speed scene for around 5 years - it sure felt good!
Anyway, I bought Maxine about a month ago as she sits - the only modification she has is the Cobra 4 into 4 exhaust - which, from what I've been told, does not help me in the quest for 1/4 mile greatness. The temp was around mid-60s with a slight tail wind. 16,000 miles on the odo and complete with sissy bar and luggage rack, my 180 pound self managed the following:
1st pass - [email protected] w/ 1.861 60 ft
2nd pass - [email protected] w/ 1.903 60 ft
3rd pass - [email protected] w/ 2.00 60 ft

Of course I was a little disappointed that I was getting worse rather than better but my last pass resulted in some minor wheel lift whilst trying to get a better 60 ft which I landed slightly off center and then had to correct my steering a bit (which all takes time - time for more practice!!). But I guess even though I was kinda slow, at least I was consistently slow :clapping:
My girlfriend took some pretty cool footage of me getting waxed by a 'Busa on the 2nd run. If anyone's interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMumS5NFGcM

Good to see you at the track! :rocket bike: I couldn't find the footage on Youtube though. That link you have comes back as an error.

Good to see you at the track! :rocket bike: I couldn't find the footage on Youtube though. That link you have comes back as an error.

Hmmm, I just clicked the original link and it took me right to it. I'll post again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMumS5NFGcM

If that doesn't work, my YouTube name is 'corporateklown' or you can also search for the title 'Vmax vs Hayabusa'

My buddy Mark is so addicted to Orlando Speedworld. He goes and runs his Max almost every Friday night.
He's running high 11's if I remember right.

My buddy Mark is so addicted to Orlando Speedworld. He goes and runs his Max almost every Friday night.
He's running high 11's if I remember right.

OSW is a very popular track. I used to race there for many years growing up back in the late 80s thru the 90s in whatever car I was playing with at the time - 5 liter Mustangs, LT-1 and LS-1 Z28s, Buick T-Types and Grand Nationals - ahhhh, the good old days:cheers:

keep praticing ,your mph is way low? better take it in for a super tune or check the clutch. I saw your runs on the web.

keep praticing ,your mph is way low? better take it in for a super tune or check the clutch. I saw your runs on the web.

Stock trap oughtta be at least 116-117........Should put you in the High 11's with a 1.90 or so 60" time....

What's the total weight you and the bike?

Rusty

Stock trap oughtta be at least 116-117........Should put you in the High 11's with a 1.90 or so 60" time....

What's the total weight you and the bike?

Rusty

Kinda depends on a lot of factors and not just the bike should have a trap of that speed. You would need to know: Elevation, Humidity, Temp, Baro Pressure, ect...

Weight of the bike and driver is also needed as you pointed out and the easiest to improve on to gain a faster bike.

The cobra's are killing a lot of his potential too.

Sean

Kinda depends on a lot of factors and not just the bike should have a trap of that speed. You would need to know: Elevation, Humidity, Temp, Baro Pressure, ect...

Weight of the bike and driver is also needed as you pointed out and the easiest to improve on to gain a faster bike.

The cobra's are killing a lot of his potential too.

Sean

Yeah, I wasn't thinking about all that but you're right.

I'm pretty spoiled by the 30' above sea level thing here on the Gulf coast, my homeowners insurance sure as hell isn't spoiling me tho':damn angry:

That's Ok, we just get to dodge tornado's. The greensburg one in the news was less then 100 miles from us. The huge andover tornado you see al the videos of that happened in 91 was less then 5 miles!

Sean

That's Ok, we just get to dodge tornado's. The greensburg one in the news was less then 100 miles from us. The huge andover tornado you see al the videos of that happened in 91 was less then 5 miles!

Sean

Yeah, I went to College in Oklahoma and in just two years had a couple of close calls of less than 1/4-1/8 mile away from the campus I was at in Okmulgee with some pretty bad Tornadoes.

Small world. I used to date a girl in college that lived in a little trailer park in Mulvane KS - just a few more miles south of Derby. I remember the Andover twister well. I also had relatives living just 1 mile outside the town of Heston KS when it got taken off the map by a huge twister in 1990. (Heston is just a few miles north of Wichita KS.)

These 1/4 mile times seem somewhat 'less' than I expected to see when I clicked on the thread.

I guess sea level etc. plays a much bigger role than I thought. The race track here in SW MO (MOKAN RACEWAY) is about 550 ft above sea level. I weighed in at around 190 or so the last time I went up and posted some runs on my stock 1985. Perfect skies with a temp of around 80 late in the evening. I ran low 11's (11.27 and 11.29 respectively) at 120 and 121 mph were my two best times of the evening.

Good video. What times did the Busa post?

Higher elev = less air for Max to breathe.

Back