4th & 5th Gear

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The plates have little indents, dots on them, not really sure what a new one looks like so i cant really tell what they should look like. So am I correct on the double "D" full friction disc first, then plate, followed by disc, then plate until complete, them finish off with the special disc .

Ron
Did you remove the half discs and retaining wire from the back of the clutch?I think this is what you are saying.

Guess I should give an update after all the help I got. Replaced the old damaged segment with the new and improved version, Dbl "D" Mod while I was in there. Had one hick-up, rectified that after I put the parts back in correct order. The clutch works perfect, lots of grab, took some getting use to, but what a diff.

Thanks for all the help.

Ron

SHAWN or anyone.... ok ok.... bitch me out now, but last night I did a big burnout (getting a new tire anyhow) but today, going to work and home, the bike is slipping.....cruising at 55-60 and goose it and it slips....going all the way to 8000 rpm.
ok....NOW you can bitch me out..... clutch?
I'm not into doing clutches ...lol
whats the $$$$$ damage?
Randy
btw....haven't checked the clutch fluid to see if it is just low.

Here's what you need if you buy the frictions, plates and gasket.

Frictions (8) - 26H-16307-01-00 - $70.40
Plates (7) - 26H-16324-00-00 - $55.23
Gasket (1) - 3JP-15462-01-00 - $6.17
TOTAL: $131.80

That's retail, no discount from University or wherever. You could always glass bead your plates and that would save you $55 retail.

Randy,Remember the 5th gear test to check the clutch? Hold the r's up to about 4000rpm and dump the clutch in 5th on some pavement.It will stall or slip.Good or bad.

Randy,Remember the 5th gear test to check the clutch? Hold the r's up to about 4000rpm and dump the clutch in 5th on some pavement.It will stall or slip.Good or bad.

I just got through ordering all (steel plates too) from my local (family owned) yamaha dealer for 95.00 + tax
Both he and John at pcw said its most likely fried....lol@me
YES....I kicked myself in the ass!

Guess I should give an update after all the help I got. Replaced the old damaged segment with the new and improved version, Dbl "D" Mod while I was in there. Had one hick-up, rectified that after I put the parts back in correct order. The clutch works perfect, lots of grab, took some getting use to, but what a diff.

Thanks for all the help.

Ron

Hey Ron, good to here that everything work out and that it's back to smooth shifting for you and the max.

:cheers: Mike

Hey Ron, good to here that everything work out and that it's back to smooth shifting for you and the max.

:cheers: Mike

Thanks Mike, now it seems that I have a short somewhere between the thermo switch and the fan. fuse keeps blowing, Its going to rain all weekend looks like I know what I will be doing.

Ron

Back