85 Max with R1 brakes

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZuminaZX

Reaction score
Does anyone know exactly what I'll need to make the swap? Will the rotors bolt right up to my old school spoked wheels? I'd like to do the rear as well just to keep it uniform.

Caliper adapter brackets is about all I think. For rear you would need MEK bracket (Boxenstopp or MEK) or one from customvmaxservices, caliper and an R1 rotor. Also diff brake line

But of course if you're going through the trouble of putting better brakes on the bike there should be no reason not to get better brake lines anyway.

Would you have to change the master cylinder though?

Does anyone know exactly what I'll need to make the swap? Will the rotors bolt right up to my old school spoked wheels? I'd like to do the rear as well just to keep it uniform.

You will need a caliper adapter which you can buy at http://qualitypartsonline.com/r1_r6.htm . I believe you should be able to reuse the stock lines. The stock lines worked on my 6 pot Tokicos. You should get new brake pads. Everything else bolts right on.

Attachments

• web_all_adapters%201.jpg
    web_all_adapters%201.jpg
    434.3 KB · Views: 8
Back