a little advice please.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxinID

Reaction score
So my Carrozzeria rotor bolts, are rusting. :(

They sent me a new set of them to "coat" to prevent this from happening again.

So, how should I stop them from rusting?

will powdercoat chip when I torque them down?

Will chrome on just the heads work?

Thanks in advance for the advice.........

Attachments

• 100_3139.jpg
    100_3139.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 100_3142.jpg
    100_3142.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 15
Mine do this too... I just coat them with a bit of WD-40... They are crap bolts. I wonder if Mike Sayers can get us some. Since you have extra, maybe you can send him one to match up. I'll by a complete set if you do... The head HAS to be that size to work right.

DO NOT powder coat. Even chrome can come off.

Not that I have found, They are metric and an unusual size.

They said they import them from Asia.

They should be 8mm,send me some of your old ones and i can get them for you in stainless steel if you want.I got some for redbone and dannymax and the vmaxrider and a few other friends of mine outside the forum.Why cant you use button head?Do the stock thread work?Call me on my cell 416-419-7489 and we can go from there,thats the best i can do.

They should be 8mm,send me some of your old ones and i can get them for you in stainless steel if you want.I got some for redbone and dannymax and the vmaxrider and a few other friends of mine outside the forum.Why cant you use button head?Do the stock thread work?Call me on my cell 416-419-7489 and we can go from there,thats the best i can do.

Chris you on this? Or should I?

Mine do this too... I just coat them with a bit of WD-40... They are crap bolts. I wonder if Mike Sayers can get us some. Since you have extra, maybe you can send him one to match up. I'll by a complete set if you do... The head HAS to be that size to work right.

DO NOT powder coat. Even chrome can come off.

If you get on the Phone with them and chew ass they will send you out a full set to "fix" for free.

If I remember right the head centers the part. I'll have to take one out and look. If you are able to get these then I would love a full set as well. Although silver on my black wheels will look VERY odd... Hmm... Where's my sharpie?

This isn't used to hold the calipers on. It holds the part that holds the calipers on as well as the calipers...

Attachments

• 100_2405.jpg
    100_2405.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 31
If I remember right the head centers the part. I'll have to take one out and look. If you are able to get these then I would love a full set as well. Although silver on my black wheels will look VERY odd... Hmm... Where's my sharpie?

This isn't used to hold the calipers on. It holds the part that holds the calipers on as well as the calipers...

2 sets, one set shorter then the other, but same head & thread pitch.

Yo Chris, call em up and get a set of spares sent out. (before it's too late?)

I have these wheels... and some advice........

I spoke with Mark at Carrozzeria about a few issues with these wheels. One of the issues was the bolts. They told me they were 'rare' but let's get real, that's a joke. They should have made the brake disk carrier with slightly larger recesses to told a larger headed bolt instead of sourcing 'rare' bolts,,,, geez.

What I did was purchase stainless M8x1,25x16mm stainless, button head, bolts (check McMaster Carr online. They carry just what you need; http://www.mcmaster.com/#92095a260/=25copt). They look great. I had a guy at work slightly file down the 14mm width of the heads to fit into the brake disk carrier recess. He put each bolt on his lathe and just cut the head down enough to fit into the recess of the black painted carrier section. You could do this yourself the hard way by putting each bolt, one at a time, into a drill and then spinning it while filling the head to a smaller diameter to fit. Then spin the bolt while cleaning it with a scotch bright pad to polish it.

To mount the brake disks to this carrier, I used my stock bolts and just cut them off to about 20mm and filed them smooth at the threads so they went into the holes without fuss. I used NONE of the bolts Carrozzeria sent to me. They're crap. When I took them off, not only were they kind of loose, but two holes had a smaller length bolt then the other holes (like they ran out of the correct ones and just through what they had in that spot). The heads of the Carrozzeria bolts are small also. The button heads have larger surface areas for better 'bite' in the rotor and carrier. Safer, the way I look at it.

If you look at my pic, I also found a front wheel seal that fits the Carrozzeria on the side opposite the speedometer drive. It's a 28mm ID with a 52mm OD and 5mm thick. Just barely fits inside the wheel for a perfect fit. Mark told me I didn't need a seal being the bearings are sealed. But the wheel looks like crap without a seal, plus what's going to hold the spacer in while you mount the wheel??? Would look shitty as dust and dirt fills that area over time. The seal solves the problem.

All in all, I love these wheels. But, in my opinion, you have to be willing to deal with the details on your own if you want these things to look great, and look like an almost $2000 set of wheels. Seems Carrozzeria doesn't sweat the small stuff and leaves is up to the customer.

Vinnie

Attachments

• Carro.jpg
    Carro.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3082.jpg
    IMG_3082.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I used Carro's supplied bolts and installed all the factory seals and couldn't be happier. I don't have a problem with the bolts but maybe I got different ones than others on here? The only thing I had trouble with was getting the cush drive to slide onto the wheel and then getting the c-clip to lock into place. It was a little too tight in my opinion but should loosen up over time as accel/decel torque is applied.

Back