After market handle bars & vibration reduction

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefly

Reaction score
After market handle bars & vibration reduction

To drastically reduce handle bar vibration effectively!

1- Get some fine dry sand, place it in a pan in the oven for 30 min to remove all moisture and living organisms.

2- Some after market handle bars come plastic bar ends, remove one of them then push the other one inside the bar ~ 1.5 inch, using a hammer or whatever.

3- make a paper funnel and hold the handle bar in a vertical position, pour the sand ( after it cools down) in the open end of the bar while tapping it to compact the sand, fill to ~ 1.5 inch from the end then push the plastic bar end in until it stops by the sand.

Nothing else will deaden the vibration like sand! and the best thing is its free:) the only down side to this method is that you will have to completely remove the bar.

using silicon or pallets will cause some vibration to be present, sand deadens it completely.

Or you can get a bar snake for $29.00 + shipping + tax and will get less vibration damping.

Note: if you don't have plastic bar ends get them from a bicycle store a pair for 99 cents or use anything that will firmly plug the bar.

http://www.holeshot.com/barsnake/index.shtml
________
buy vaporizers

Last edited:
firefly said:
To drastically reduce handle bar vibration effectively!

1- Get some fine dry sand, place it in a pan in the oven for 30 min to remove all moisture and living organisms.

2- Some after market handle bars come plastic bar ends, remove one of them then push the other one inside the bar ~ 1.5 inch, using a hammer or whatever.

3- make a paper funnel and hold the handle bar in a vertical position, pour the sand ( after it cools down) in the open end of the bar while tapping it to compact the sand, fill to ~ 1.5 inch from the end then push the plastic bar end in until it stops by the sand.

Nothing else will deaden the vibration like sand! and the best thing is its free:) the only down side to this method is that you will have to completely remove the bar.

using silicon or pallets will cause some vibration to be present, sand deadens it completely.

Or you can get a bar snake for $29.00 + shipping + tax and will get less vibration damping.

Note: if you don't have plastic bar ends get them from a bicycle store a pair for 99 cents or use anything that will firmly plug the bar.

http://www.holeshot.com/barsnake/index.shtml
I just got my UFO drag bars in but not yet installed and was thinking about trying this also...They did come with the plastic caps.....I have solid mounts and therefore a pretty significant "buzz" in the handgrips which I hope the Kuryakyn grip will also help to alleviate; .....Will the plastic caps let the sand "decompress" over time or should I use some RTV type sealant or epoxy on top of the plugs???

Re: After market handle bars & vibration reduction

using RTV or epoxy will help keep the plugs in place but even if the sand decompresses it will do a great job deadening the vibration.
Its a good idea for you to prepare the bar before installing.

wfcall said:
I just got my UFO drag bars in but not yet installed and was thinking about trying this also...They did come with the plastic caps.....I have solid mounts and therefore a pretty significant "buzz" in the handgrips which I hope the Kuryakyn grip will also help to alleviate; .....Will the plastic caps let the sand "decompress" over time or should I use some RTV type sealant or epoxy on top of the plugs???
________
justin bieber fan

Last edited:

Are you sure a drag bar is what you want? did you get risers? I think Sean's handle bar is a better and more comfortable bar to use.
But I guess everyone should try and come to the conclusion that drag bars are uncomfortable on the max and will put your wrist in a very uncomfortable position.

wfcall said:
________
weed vaporizer

Last edited:
firefly said:
Are you sure a drag bar is what you want? did you get risers? I think Sean's handle bar is a better and more comfortable bar to use.
But I guess everyone should try and come to the conclusion that drag bars are uncomfortable on the max and will put your wrist in a very uncomfortable position.

I don't really know the answer to that 'cause I have not mounted them yet....
I live 3 miles from Houston Raceway park and go out there most weekends to race.....

The stock bars are definetely not cutting it's 'cause it's damn near impossible for me to get fully tucked without my hands by my ears....

I may end up using them for racing only if they seem uncomfortable on the highway............

The problem with the stock bar is the excessive back sweep, the super bike bar has a back sweep = to the drag bar but also has ~ 1.5 to 2 inch rise , which makes it more comfortable in street and canyon riding.
I currently have a ducati bar which is very similar to the super bar Sean has but made of thiner low quality Italian steel.

wfcall said:
I don't really know the answer to that 'cause I have not mounted them yet....
I live 3 miles from Houston Raceway park and go out there most weekends to race.....

The stock bars are definetely not cutting it's 'cause it's damn near impossible for me to get fully tucked without my hands by my ears....

I may end up using them for racing only if they seem uncomfortable on the highway............
________
Lincoln V12 engine picture

Last edited:
I just got done doing a preliminary fit on mine with the Kuryakyn grips and I think I like the UFO bars... for one they "look" cool as hell although I know pain overules looks in the long run...No fitment issues and no tank clearance problems....sitting on the bike it "feels" right for drag racing which was my mine goal.....

Unfortunately my seat is out to Sportmax for recovering for god knows how long so I wasn't able to ride it yet...

We'll see....

From first impression I don't think I would like them for a trip like I did down to Big Bend 2 months ago but around town they may be OK....my daily commute to work is 23 miles each way so I'll figure it out.......

Back