Aftermarket tach-1 or 2 pulse?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'll need to set to 2 cylinder mode and you can do so by splicing into grey wire.

Yep, can use grey wire going there, or fuel pump relay, or vboost controller.

TY ....

OFF TOPIC........I was looking for a 12v wire to power up my new temp gauge...figured I'd use the brown from tach.....NOT! After starting, that wire's voltage gets wierd! Temp gauge only worked while in gear!!! WTF???
So I'm looking at the 3 wires....one has to b 12v right? Right? .....So i tried the grey.......you can imagine how crazy the voltmeter went!!!!! I'm surprised I didn't cook the little bastard!!
Yeah OK I know...wiring is not a hobby, call a licensed electrician!!!!

I'm surprised either of those browns didn't work. I'm using the brown tach wire to power my shift light.

The browns from the gauge lamps work fine...I used them for the new gauge lights. I don't know why I didn't just jump off one of them????....i'm talking about the other brown from the 3 wires to back of pod.....brown, grey, green/red......the green/red goes to temp sender, grey to tach p/u, brown? I figured 12v....for power to the gauges...I have no idea.
I tried looking at wiring diagram....gave up and just ran a fused wire from blue off ignition key....gonna use same one for tach power.

Should be two browns...one to power temp gauge and other tach.

The blue of the key is fine, that's 12V for the running lights in signal stalks and tail light for when key is in parking position.

Holy Shit....almost a month later and I still have NO TACH!!
I ordered from summit racing....seems they were backordered, finally cancelled with them, turns out drag specialties has the tach I want in stock........ordered through Axiom almost 10 days ago WTF??

There should be more choices for a waterproof motorcycle tachometer, 10k, NOT 5"...........shoulda gone for the 5" face!!

Hey Mark...(or anyone!),,,,,,,Got the new tach,; Do I cut the BROWN wire?

The Pro Cycle instructions say to cut the brown wire for a ONE PULSE engine? So?????

To cut or not to cut?

Found it out...YES, cut the brown wire!

The Autometer tach needs to be calibrated for one pulse.

Found it out...YES, cut the brown wire!

The Autometer tach needs to be calibrated for one pulse.

Just seen this post dont know how I missed it.
I sell a tach adapter to make an aftermarket tach work with the VMAX ignition. (non dyna) Yes you are correct one pulse. Autometer also sells the Pro Comp Series is which I run and it can be modified to work also on the VMAX ignition.

Latest posts

Back