Aftermarket Wiring Harness?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatbiker

Reaction score
Does anyone sell a complete aftermarket wiring harness for the Vmax?

I recently bought an 86 model and one of the previous owners rewired or bypassed nearly everything on the bike. I downloaded a copy of the wiring diagram from this site which helped some but not enough.

I'm to the point where I'd just love to buy a complete harness and start from scratch.

Fatbiker

Probably one of the simplest things to do is to buy another wiring harness from someone that is parting a bike out. I picked one up on the forum for 30 bucks....

Right just buy a harness for a 1990 and earlier Model. Don't freak out is a wire or two have a different color. Not all are the same. I have five on hand personally , doesn't 't everyone ?!

I bought mine strictly as a spare.....There is always extra wire and connectors that you need.

Thanks everyone for the advice. Gonna hit the junk yards and see what I can find. If there's nothing good to buy there is a local shop down the street that will re-wire the entire bike for $200 including parts.

1985-1989. I should have one on hand. can even help you with a swap to a later model ignition if desired

If I had time I could make one from scratch. I have all the connectors and it would be very simple to build one. However it wouldn't be cheap.

G

Thanks for all the help guys! Found an ebay listing with a complete harness plus, coils, CDI, and every electrical component needed to run the bike for $50 including shipping. It plugged right in to the bike plus now I have spare electrical components as well.

Fatbiker

Back