Air Hawk Seat Cushions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenreesesr

Reaction score
The question is, what do you think of them. A three hour ride on the factory Vmax seat is brutal, at least for me. I've ordered a Corbin seat for the bike, but I'm also thinking of an Airhawk cushion. The theory makes sense. It should even the load. Just wondering what experience people have had with them. The company believes in their product. They offer a 60 day, no questions asked return policy.

They are proud of them! They look cool, and cush. if you order one let us know what part number you got and how it fir the stock set.

G

Hi Ken,
You may find the Corbin a bit hard and hard to get used to ------- but I have one on my Max now and I had one on my ZX-11 and they do break in and are actuall very good on longer rides.
My wife has a gel pad for use on our Valkerie and she loves it. Price is much more reasonable than the air pillow. There are also great seat options right here on forum

Lew

Hi Ken,
You may find the Corbin a bit hard and hard to get used to ------- but I have one on my Max now and I had one on my ZX-11 and they do break in and are actuall very good on longer rides.
My wife has a gel pad for use on our Valkerie and she loves it. Price is much more reasonable than the air pillow. There are also great seat options right here on forum

Lew
I ordered the Air Hawk Medium. I'll have the opportunity to try it on the stock seat, while waiting for the Corbin to arrive. I'll report on the fit and feel on both seats. My issue is partly that I'm 6'5". I've asked Corbin to give me as much height as is practical, and the Air Hawk may give me a little more. Corbin seemed more than happy to help. We are leaving it to the seat builders as to how much to raise it. I may also look into lowering the pegs slightly. Every little bit helps. The major concern is comfort on long rides. Theirs not a lot of cushion on my skinny ass.

I'm curious about these as well. My Z's seat is they typical sportbike plank of plywood. The Corbin seat for it is big bucks, though these airhawk pads aren't exactly cheap either.

I had one of those on my CBX in the early 80's. They have been around a long time. I personally didn't like it and wound up redoing my stock seat. YMVV... :biglaugh:

The Air Hawk Medium has a wide price range depending on where you purchase them from. As low as $80 to a high of $180. A buddy runs one on a stock seat of his Triumph Rocket III and likes it. Good thing he is comfy, because with almost twice the size motor, he still can't out run me...lol.

Todd

I just got back from riding a 2002 stock seat Vmax from Tenn, to houston TX. The first day and 375 miles were brutal and my groin area and butt were numb. Friday morning..got new tire installed in Memphis and found a local dealer with Air hawk seat pad. Bought the large and rode almost 500 miles that day on it. It saved the trip. I was ready to rent a truck to get my bike home. The amount of air is adjustable while you ride. I filled mine with air. then let some out as the day progressed. Hats off to air hawk. Best $100 I've spent on the Max so far!!!!

dannymax had a airhawk you can ask him and also there are seats made a little more comfortable by sean morley and a totally different seat made by rick called the maxgasser, stock vmax seat kinda sucks on the long rides.

My corbin rocks...had a cut-down, doesn't compare...was thinking of getting the Air Hawk, no need with corbin.

You could have saved you're self some bucks and just bought the cushion. I did some research and found an article on cruiser mag. They tested several gel seats and the air hawk and the beads. The Air hawk won hands down and believe it or not the beads came in second. They say most people over fill them so start low and adjust up. It will never be as comfortable as a Golding.

Back