Another Doh! award request ;-)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DOH! award for TurcoLoco

• Most definitely YES!

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Are you kidding!? Of course!!

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Maybe (for the fence-sitters)

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

naughtyG

Reaction score
Need I say more:

Danny, I finally nailed the cause (totally my fault): The idle screw was moving up by itself due to the missing spring that goes on the idle screw!
29.gif

So, when I have the throttle open for more than a few seconds, the idle screw was gradually but surely, moving up!
.../...

I recalled seeing a spring on the idle screw but I guess when I took the screw off to straighten out the bracket and clean it up, the spring must have fallen off. I remembered finding a 1 inch spring on the floor when doing the oil change and wondered where it came from. It was a total "Oohhh!" (light bulb came on) moment.

Turcoloco, you earned it fair n square! :clapping:

got my vote, take all the parts and pieces and return them to their original place or you might find you will have problems. Remember there are not extra parts after you taken it apart and put back together again.

Yep he deserves it, just glad he didn't toss the spring over his shoulder thinking it was a spring out of one of those clicker type ball point pens. Good trouble shooting thou Turcoloco...........

got my vote, take all the parts and pieces and return them to their original place or you might find you will have problems. Remember there are not extra parts after you taken it apart and put back together again.
Yes indeed, I've torn apart/ put together many things with parts left over and have a bin full of spares that have lost it's home. I've been more dilligent with Redbone it seems as I do not have a spare parts bin...well at least a leftover parts bin, the mod monkey has seen to it that I have many factory parts in bins! :punk::ummm::biglaugh:

Dang it, I knew I should have kept my mouth shut!
Oh well, considering how long and hard I have been working on the Max, I suppose I deserved it.

One thing for sure; it is neither the first time nor will it be the last time. =)

I particularly like the "monarchist" poll options. :)

Back