Any intrest in east coast Drag Day

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are in talks with the owner of our local Drag Strip here in the Tampa area (Bradenton/Desoto)
What is the honest interest in having a Drag Day similar to the West Coast guys?
Maybe a basic Drag racing school/refresher course.
Possibly some big name attendance?
Test and Tune / Grudge / Bracket Racing
Possibly prizes
No pressure racing and having a good time....
We were thinking in April or May before it gets to hot. It would be nice to have all Vmax's but were thinking about just street legal Muscle Bikes Gen 1& 2 Vmax, M 109,Rocket 3,Diavial,Vrods. Nothing thats not street legal were talking everyday riders. This is just a feeler to see what intrest there is in this. We would be working with a couple sponsers to keep the rider cost down to a decent price. All input is appreciated. We have great weather here & I think with work from lots of people we could pull this off. Maybe have a portable dyno come out & possibly a couple big name riders. All input is appreciated. I put this here instead of Trackside just to see what intrest we have . It can be moved if a mod feels this is not the right place.

I saw that on the other forum and got all EXCITED,but then I read the post and realized you guys are at the wrong end of the east cost:bang head:, but to any of the NOReasteners maybe we could plan a trip to the valley.

"at the wrong end of the east cost (sic)"
that depends on whether you like to ride motorcycles year-round or have a snowmobile fetish:rofl_200:

I like clam chowder and lobster rolls, but I also like conch chowder and spiny lobsters, and stone crabs, and a warm (outside) place to eat them, dressed like Kyle.

Attachments

• 1994 VMax.jpg
    1994 VMax.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 11
Sounds Good to me..............Even doing the videos would be a blast....:clapping:

I will see if I have a dress and high heels to wear.. I LOVE DRAG DAY! :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

man that sounds like fun! given enough time, i'd be able to schedule it in and get my hall pass. the portable dyno is an awesome idea (selfishly speaking). it could almost be like a Tech Day, no? would we be able to squat under a tent and burn burgers and dogs? given enough eggin, i might be even willing enough to be convinced to lose my cherry and take a couple of "fun runs". does the strip have minimum requirements for the draggers and their rides?

man that sounds like fun! given enough time, i'd be able to schedule it in and get my hall pass. the portable dyno is an awesome idea (selfishly speaking). it could almost be like a Tech Day, no? would we be able to squat under a tent and burn burgers and dogs? given enough eggin, i might be even willing enough to be convinced to lose my cherry and take a couple of "fun runs". does the strip have minimum requirements for the draggers and their rides?
Probably would not be doing a lot of work on bikes just more playing. I dont see a problem with a shade tent & grilling. This would probably be a 4-5 hour track rental Brett is still working on the details on that & trying to get all the cost so we know exactly what were dealing with. As far as equipment you need DOT helmet,Gloves,Leather Jacket & if you break 120 MPH you need leather pants. I am gonna hit the local 1/8 mile tonight & play a little.

Keep this updated Kyle...I could make this a roadtrip north just to get some runs down the track without too much waiting and against some other HOT street bikes.

Latest posts

Back